Ex Ian Virco Red Rocket.

ANDY ABBOTT

3 minutes ago, ANDY ABBOTT said:

Danny has suddenly passed away. I'm devastated. I can't believe it. He's family have now made it public on social media  🥺

So sorry to read this Andy, I bought some bits off him & interacted on here a few times. Met him briefly at Sywell and he seemed like a fun guy full of energy. You certainly seemed to have a real laugh together. Tough days, no more words…

Completely shocked to read about Dan passing away and at such a young age. I'm another that never met him, but had many discussions with him over the years re Manta's. He will be much missed.

Deepest condolences to his family.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So had a few hours on this last Saturday first time I've been able to go near it since Dan passed away. I finished off installing the R9 fuel hose up at the rail, finished off installing the loom, fitted the new coil. Couldn't get a spark but figured out a bad connection going to the coil and got that sorted. Filled it with 10 litres of fuel and went for a start up. Ot started and was just cutting straight out. After a lot of head scratching and messing around I finally realised I'd made a massive school boy error !! I hadn't fitted the earth to the back of the manifold 🙈 Made me laugh though as Dan would never have let me live that one down 😂 Car now runs like a dream and will hopfully start to progress with it over the next few weeks after my holiday. 

Just now, ANDY ABBOTT said:

So had a few hours on this last Saturday first time I've been able to go near it since Dan passed away. I finished off installing the R9 fuel hose up at the rail, finished off installing the loom, fitted the new coil. Couldn't get a spark but figured out a bad connection going to the coil and got that sorted. Filled it with 10 litres of fuel and went for a start up. Ot started and was just cutting straight out. After a lot of head scratching and messing around I finally realised I'd made a massive school boy error !! I hadn't fitted the earth to the back of the manifold 🙈 Made me laugh though as Dan would never have let me live that one down 😂 Car now runs like a dream and will hopfully start to progress with it over the next few weeks after my holiday. 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Sutty2006 said:

Cars looking great! 

is that the same house? 😮

Can imagine it over come with mantas. Remember him selling a really early b, 1976, had A series style manta logos on wings, ultra rare. Wasn't this kitted up to a 400r? 🤔

Oh ......Great job Mr Abbott, as always...... Another beaut, always wanted a red exclusive.    

• Thanks 1