Ex Ian Virco Red Rocket.

ANDY ABBOTT

12 hours ago, Sutty2006 said:

Cars looking great! 

is that the same house? 😮

It is, i dug up a picture from google street view , dated 2012. The place was completely gutted after it was sold, garage knocked down and rebuilt pretty much from the ground up

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Edited by Ian N
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I drove past a couple of weeks ago and I must admit, I thought they pulled the house down and completely rebuilt the place when I first saw it. Proper job but I’m guessing it will be an £800k+ price tag when it goes on sale.

Its great to see the Gold Hatch on the drive. That is the car that everyone remembers Ian for and was the most favourite in his collection (He had almost 20 vehicles in his possession at one stage). I'm really pleased that both of these cars have been saved.

15 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

I see she is soundproof less ! At present.

After pricing sound deading, I am trying yoga mats, 8mm thick. Soft foam, water resistant, and chip prices 🍟

Yoga mats are likely to be low density open-cell foam which will be transparent to the lower frequency road/engine noise. 
You may be able to find fire retardant high density stuff for industrial application such as covering for heating/cooling ducts though. 

• 5 months later...

3 hours ago, ANDY ABBOTT said:

Over the past couple of weeks I've been getting things ready to relocate my business premises which means I've also had to move the cars to a new location.

Blimey! That must be a bit of a task to put it mildly! Did you not move premises only a few years back?

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, paulmanta said:

I'm assuming the lost files were from the big clear out after Ian Passed ?

Also, that's some fancy rugs you have in that workshop !

Virtually none of the history files were found with Ian’s cars. You would have expected a filing cabinet full, considering how many cars and vans Ian had but nothing ever turned up. I don’t have much history with the gold hatch either, which is a massive shame considering it’s mileage etc. I think Ian was only the second owner.

• Like 2

The lack of papers are interesting, did he have another place to store stuff that hasn't been found, another stash somewhere ?  I know he had containers somewhere. 

ETA, I run a self store and its amazing how you simply don't see some customers ever, pay a year up front and fill the unit and that's it, following year we invoice, get money and again they never visit. 

Edited by paulmanta
  • Like 1

Unfortunately Virco had a habit of not really sorting out paperwork mean there was stacks of papers left all over the place without any system, or any idea where what was where.

Towards the end, his hording issues had really taken over so finding any history would have been next to impossible.

• Like 1

On 01/04/2023 at 23:04, Ian N said:

Towards the end, his hording issues had really taken over so finding any history would have been next to impossible.

Unfortunately, it was impossible. Many of the V5's had to come back from Swansea, as nothing was evident in Ian's house. Its good to see the house looking like a family home again though. I drove past a few weeks back and I couldn't believe the change.......would look better with a few Mantas out the front though. 🙂

• Like 2