Opel manta GT/E 2.4

1 hour ago, Danny D114BCW said:

And i wonder if the engine is tuned or just a 2.4 lump?

".....and has plenty of power with its 2.4 tuned power plant". 

No mention of what though. Agreed re the rubbish ad. You do wonder if they really want to sell it. More so when it's a £20K car. It does look very nice in Platinum with matching alloys.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Monaco Blue said:

".....and has plenty of power with its 2.4 tuned power plant". 

No mention of what though. Agreed re the rubbish ad. You do wonder if they really want to sell it. More so when it's a £20K car. It does look very nice in Platinum with matching alloys.

I know it says tuned 2.4 - but is it tuned or a stock engine?  you would think they would mention the mods 

1 hour ago, Danny D114BCW said:

I know it says tuned 2.4 - but is it tuned or a stock engine?  you would think they would mention the mods 

Fair point. There's a sticker on the boot that might give a clue. Could be a Blydenstein one.

There's also a 'Manta Magic' sticker in the rear window.

• Like 2

It truly is amazing how many of these are coming out of the woodwork here, i do recall this car, but that was from at least 15yrs ago. 

I would say alot of cars here are from the uk originally, some registered with ni plates age related plates eg, ABC 1234

I was out for a spine one day and just happened to be driving past a house, guy was out cleaning his manta, first time outside in ten years, i would say alot where bought around 15, 20 yrs ago, as people knew they would always have a following, as they have rally pedigree. 

I would say alot will return to the uk, know of a few that have gone that way. 

Nice car, dont know much about it unfortunately.  Any one seriously interested should at least contact the owner for more pics and info. 

Awesome example😍...never welded😮 and still mint and original in that area thats worth a lot in itself..nice subtle mods..the engine is the cherry on the cake for me being the ultimate CIH..👍.can't see it being around for long though.

• 1 month later...

Again very nice example,...would like to see this on on auction to hopefully achieve  its best value.. this manta is a major box ticker for me.

However with that said the fact it has not sold yet would indicate price is wrong...perhaps this would bring somewhere near 15k at auction.🙃

• Like 1

2 hours ago, evo3000 said:

Again very nice example,...would like to see this on on auction to hopefully achieve  its best value.. this manta is a major box ticker for me.

However with that said the fact it has not sold yet would indicate price is wrong...perhaps this would bring somewhere near 15k at auction.🙃

I think if it is what they say it is it’s worth the money. 
It’s the poor pictures and vague description that’s not helping I feel.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Danny D114BCW said:

I think if it is what they say it is it’s worth the money. 
It’s the poor pictures and vague description that’s not helping I feel.  

Agreed ...but i tend to think would be buyers will get that added info anyway ...TBH  if i was considering this purchase i would have to see it in person..regardless of pics

Just for completeness, it's now listed on Ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125085657920?hash=item1d1fafab40:g:5pMAAOSw4R5h1caV

From a post on Facebook, the roof is blistered local to the sunroof, as is the sunroof itself, and the rear box rotten. All original and unwelded otherwise.

In his opinion, it's a £12-13K car. I'd say perhaps £15K on a good day.

Edited by Monaco Blue
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Monaco Blue said:

Just for completeness, it's now listed on Ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125085657920?hash=item1d1fafab40:g:5pMAAOSw4R5h1caV

From a post on Facebook, the roof is blistered local to the sunroof, as is the sunroof itself, and the rear box rotten. All original and unwelded otherwise.

In his opinion, it's a £12-13K car. I'd say perhaps £15K on a good day.

If it needs a fair amount of paintwork, then probably there about right. Done right it can be £3-4K in painting so it has got to be factored in.

3 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

Not much, a reworked 2.4 does have the potential but a C20xe is a better engine to start with. 

Blydenstein tuned 2.4 means it will be an absolute stonker of an engine and will eat a xe for breakfast..all day long in fact an all day breakfast😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1