Handbrake lever

Mickfrad

My handbrake ratchet system is loose or worn resulting in the handbrake coming off on its own when it feels like it. I did squeeze it together before which improved it for a while but didn’t last. 

So looking for a replacement for a B series if anyone has one I assume there all the same. 

Thank you 

mick 

I need to do the clutch at some point over the winter so thought I would tackle the handbrake issue at the same time.
I’ve recently moved house and it’s a slope down to the gates, when I collected the manta and got out to open the gates the car followed me and pushed the gates open. Luckily no damage done. I had this before with another manta years ago, it rolled down a hill in the middle of the night and hit a wall. 
If I can get a good replacement I will or else tighten mine up again. 

On 25/11/2021 at 19:51, Mickfrad said:

... it’s a slope down to the gates, when I collected the manta and got out to open the gates the car followed me and pushed the gates open. Luckily no damage done. I had this before with another manta years ago, it rolled down a hill in the middle of the night and hit a wall. 
If I can get a good replacement I will or else tighten mine up again. 

This is why I always leave a car in gear when I park unless it's automatic. Too many parking spots on steep hills near me to trust a handbrake alone, especially on older cars.

• Like 1