Cih sump and dipstick tube

Paul Barrett

Hi sorry to jump on your post, but I'm also in search of a CIH sump as well if anybody has a second one.

The dipstick tubes can be bought new from

https://www.altopelhilfe.de/product_info.php?info=p5708_oelpeilstab--fuehrungsrohr-cih--spezial-.html

They are only€12.69, but you need to pay postage which is €19.50 minimum, so it make sense to order a few things to the weight/size limit. They only accept bank transfers under the SEPA European Transaction system, which while the UK is a member I've heard some people have had problems with. I've just order some stuff and my bank seemed to cope with it ok. Lets hope it turns up!

Thanks

10 hours ago, Paul Barrett said:

Thanks mate 

Found the sump, will take a few pics in the morning. Will need to rummage in the garage for the dipstick tube, can probably to that on Sunday.

Youi doing a 2.4 engine now then?

Andy

1 hour ago, 611 said:

Found the sump, will take a few pics in the morning. Will need to rummage in the garage for the dipstick tube, can probably to that on Sunday.

Youi doing a 2.4 engine now then?

Andy

Cheers Andy,

well I’ve picked one up from an omega A from Lewis. I’ll build it up for the B series coupe I have. It needs more go lol. 

im so used to powerful cars that’s the problem. 
my daily car is a c63.

the grey A series has some decent raw poke.

but at least the cih is in keeping with the car and won’t detract from the value 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Paul Barrett said:

Cheers Andy,

well I’ve picked one up from an omega A from Lewis. I’ll build it up for the B series coupe I have. It needs more go lol. 

im so used to powerful cars that’s the problem. 
my daily car is a c63.

the grey A series has some decent raw poke.

but at least the cih is in keeping with the car and won’t detract from the value 

The 2.4 should have a nice bit of poke for B and as you say it will be in keeping with it. Looking at it you wouldn't even know it was a 2.4 in there. What's the plan, carbs or injection?

My A goes pretty good for an old car with a CIH in it 🙂

No point in me bothering to try and get a fast car when i have this, as i would need to sell the house to get one quick enough to match the Honda from 0-60 !!

2013-09-12 10.20.34.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Paul

Here are some pics. As you cam see it needs a good clean as it's been in the loft, but it's in good condition and was on mine with no issues, I only changed it as I had my spare one powder coated. 

20211128_125740.jpg

20211128_125818.jpg

20211128_125752.jpg

20211128_125733.jpg

20211128_125727.jpg

20211128_125718.jpg

20211128_125713.jpg

20211128_125708.jpg

1 hour ago, Paul Barrett said:

That looks great. Let me know what you want.

im planning in stock injection with a cut down 3.0 inlet, larger AFM (bmw) nothing crazy. Prob rebuild as advised, bore wear on these 2.4

What do you think to £50 + delivery?

What pistons will you go for if it needs a rebore?

Andy