75P Manta 1.6S for sale £6250

That must be one of the earliest Manta B's known to the club having been registered in October 1975

Stingray badges on the bottom of the front wings as per A models were discontinued by early 1976

No headrests & no rev counter show that its the more basic S model. Rare in 1.6 as most B1 survivors tend to be 1.9 .

I.ve seen this car pop up on the fan club forum a few times & the owner has said in his opinion it needs painting on the roof.

With a small amount of work that could be a show winning car

Fantastic value for money.

Edited by Rapierdave
  • Like 3

Yes indeed. My early B still has the original stingrays on the wings. I’ve got headlight surrounds for mine but after 1900SRs post I might leave them off for now. But then again I’ve put a 2.0 in it instead of the original 1.6 as they’re crap lol.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Monaco Blue said:

Ah! I didn't know that. You learn something every day! ☝️

I'm now doubting myself, so dug out a couple of early brochures, and typically the photo of the DL is from the rear so you can't see the headlights. I am still pretty certain that the base models didn't have the brows, certainly Ben's old car NOOP didn't have.

1 hour ago, Sutty2006 said:

Yes indeed. My early B still has the original stingrays on the wings. I’ve got headlight surrounds for mine but after 1900SRs post I might leave them off for now. But then again I’ve put a 2.0 in it instead of the original 1.6 as they’re crap lol.

Given that the headlamps themselves to go with the surrounds are like hens teeth to get hold of I don't think I'd fit them. Just before I sold my Blue Berlinetta a few years back it picked up a chip in the headlamp, and to the best of my knowledge it's still chipped as no-one's been able to find a replacement.

1 hour ago, 1900SR said:

I'm now doubting myself, so dug out a couple of early brochures, and typically the photo of the DL is from the rear so you can't see the headlights. I am still pretty certain that the base models didn't have the brows, certainly Ben's old car NOOP didn't have.

Given that the headlamps themselves to go with the surrounds are like hens teeth to get hold of I don't think I'd fit them. Just before I sold my Blue Berlinetta a few years back it picked up a chip in the headlamp, and to the best of my knowledge it's still chipped as no-one's been able to find a replacement.

I found these photos via Google. All early models with the Stingrays on the wings. 2 without headlamp shrounds and 1 with. The thought crossed my mind, that perhaps the very early ones had Cavalier headlamps fitted and then changed to the shrouded lights for the later 76 build models. Strange that they then reverted back a couple of years later. They look better without IMHO.

OPEL-Manta-3011_8.jpeg

OPEL-Manta-3011_9.jpeg

OPEL-Manta-3011_10.jpeg

Edited by Monaco Blue

5 hours ago, Sutty2006 said:

Totally agree with you ref 1.6 engine its gutless compared to the 1.9 or 2.0

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Monaco Blue said:

I found these photos via Google. All early models with the Stingrays on the wings. 2 without headlamp shrounds and 1 with. The thought crossed my mind, that perhaps the very early ones had Cavalier headlamps fitted and then changed to the shrouded lights for the later 76 build models. Strange that they then reverted back a couple of years later. They look better without IMHO.

I'm not sure how European specs differed, but both cars pictured without the shrouds have plain silver wheels, which was also a mark of a lower spec car over here. Edit, I've just noticed they don't have the side rubbing strips either.

Edited by 1900SR

My S definitely had rubbing strips, and those odd shaped early mirrors (or one). I can go either way with it. I have found a pair of deep headlight glasses but the inners need work. I’ve plenty of shallow headlights, in fact ones brand new. I might paint the surrounds anyway just in case. 

• 1 month later...