Manta B 1.8 GTJ Fuel pump

discodas72

Hi Everyone having issues starting not run for a while.

Car starts when you drop fuel into carb. Taken line from tank to pump very slight pressure. Removed pump and the bar thing that connects or is pushed by cam is stiff and limited play. Does anyone have a replacement or know where to get a decent quality one. Ours is 82 on  a Y plate.

Happy New year to you all.

• Like 1

Super thanks. Is the rubber thing quite easy to locate and inspect? Where abouts do I need to look sorru bit green on carbs 😆 

Super thanks. Is the rubber thing quite easy to locate and inspect? Where abouts do I need to look sorru bit green on carbs 😆 

Other thing in the ebay listing they show two thin cork paper washers. My original one has a thick cork one. Is it best to keep original washer to maintain the clearance??

The carburettor sits on it. It's squished between the Varajet Carb and the inlet manifold. It's supposed to be vibration dampener for the carb, to stop fuel frothing up.

Take a look at my thread I created as it has other information on alternatives etc

Edited by Jessopia74

14 minutes ago, discodas72 said:

Brilliant will have a look if the pump does not solve the issue. Might obtain one just in case anyhow. 

Will the new pump be ok with existing thick original washer??

Many thanks for you help.

Sorry can't answer that one as I not had to change my pump.