Manta on car Transporter

Travelling on the M6 near Birmingham this morning, I came up behind a car transporter loaded with modern cars, and on the back a T plated Manta Coupe! It was red and dressed up as a GT/E. Anyone lay claim to it? Must admit, it did make my day.

1973 Monza Blue A

1979 Jade Green B Hatch

1979 Orange Ascona B

1977 Gold Mk1 Cavalier Saloon

omoc 5660

It sounds like the one that used to be for sale (months ago)at a dealership advertised as an original car(!) and show winner! It was up for far too much money and for far too long..its been in autotrader and on ebay and as far as I know never found a buyer.

There was a T reg auto coupe for sale on ebay - ended within the last 2 weeks. Been in storage for a while and it had a GT/E kit but looked like alleycats had been fitted instead of Ronals.

76 Cav coupe - we'll see, 79 SRB coupe - 16v anyone?, 79 Cav saloon - went to scrappy's for an engine, came back with this!

That looks like it could have been it, certainly the right colour and year, with all the GTE skirts and badging. I only saw the back of it, as it was on the middle layer of a 3 deck transporter, and my passengers felt I ought to be watching the road rather than the Manta.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 4566582853

1973 Monza Blue A

1979 Jade Green B Hatch

1979 Orange Ascona B

1977 Gold Mk1 Cavalier Saloon

omoc 5660