Which 17inch rims to buy

Moonmonkey

Just looking to buy some 7.5 x 17 inch rims for the exclusive and was interested in people thoughts on designs

Wanted something that looked vaguely like the standard Ronals, so drawn to 5 spoke type rims like the Bola B10 in gunmetal, or the Dare F5 in black.

Any thoughts of what looks good on a Monaco Blue exclusive?

Thanks

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

I know what you mean the Bolas look a bit FWD. I was thinking fake split rims would suit an 80’s car😃.

Dare do a multispoke one that looks like an 80’s BBS rim but I remember them being a pain to clean and then the corrosion flaking all the powder coat off.

The Dare F5’s are available in a ET35 offset which will be better fit

• Like 1

Think the Dare would look good, but I would be having them fully painted tbh. 

ROTA do one that’s somewhere between the DARE and the BOLA that was on my consideration list when I choosing new ones for the Silver Coupe

Edited by Jessopia74

1 hour ago, Jessopia74 said:

Think the Dare would look good, but I would be having them fully painted tbh. 

ROTA do one that’s somewhere between the DARE and the BOLA that was on my consideration list when I choosing new ones for the Silver Coupe

Mine are the Rota OSR model on the Cav, I went for the 5 spoke look.

• Like 1

Thinking of using 16 steel wheels.Painted Monaco Blue with chrome rings, nuts centre caps 

They run a bit close to the front shocker 

29 minutes ago, lewis p said:

Nick cheesmans got these on his 

Or have standard ronals made into 16s

😎

Quite like the idea of those modded fins, but they are not cheap! £200 a wheel plus set of bmw donor rims and the Ronals 

I have thought about strength, but I think they should be good as the Alloy quality of the OEM rims is very good to start with 

I'm off to see him on Thurs.

I have been to his workshop  and seen how they are done. 

He even did some and gave to a banger racer to test and he couldn't  break them.

He did these aswell obviously bthe white ones are the finished  pic

• Like 1

Had a look at Rotas website and they do some nice styles, even ones like the old ATS. I think the GTR in gunmetal look good but they do have holes for 2 different PCDs

46 minutes ago, lewis p said:

Nick cheesmans got these on his 

Do you know what make Nicks rims are Lewis?

Not sure I fancy modifying my Ronals, plus I wanted 17inch rims as a 225/35x17 is virtually the same diameter and circumference of the 195/60x14 give or take a millimetre so no speedo calibration issues.

1 hour ago, lewis p said:

Who makes these? 

I will ask him can't remember compomotives  of some sort

1 hour ago, Moonmonkey said:

Had a look at Rotas website and they do some nice styles, even ones like the old ATS. I think the GTR in gunmetal look good but they do have holes for 2 different PCDs

Not sure I fancy modifying my Ronals, plus I wanted 17inch rims as a 225/35x17 is virtually the same diameter and circumference of the 195/60x14 give or take a millimetre so no speedo calibration issues.

Chap in North  Wales.

He's got a Facebook page

44 minutes ago, Jonathan Pounsett said:

Who makes these? 

9 hours ago, Moonmonkey said:

Nicks wheels are compomotive mo5

I belive he has another set he may sell.