E720 PEE

Paul Barrett

• 2 weeks later...

Spent some of the weekend on the coupe, have done the last of the welding required now. Just some final detail bits to sort before she’s ready for the body shop, which is a relief.

have rolled the arches too for some clearance for the new wheels. 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Edited by Paul Barrett
  • Like 6

• 1 month later...

The new place has a fairly decent sized garage, not quite like my last but at least it’s dry. Can’t wait to get cracking on the extension, will be double the size space

Just waiting for PEE now to have top it laid on and can build her back up, hopefully in time for sywell. 

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

I last saw PEE looking like this. My guys is well Behind getting it in paint for various reasons I can’t be angry about. I’m battling to get the A series up and running in the meantime. If by some miracle it gets done early enough I’ll cobble it together for powderham then sywell following.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Paul Barrett said:

I last saw PEE looking like this. My guys is well Behind getting it in paint for various reasons I can’t be angry about. I’m battling to get the A series up and running in the meantime. If by some miracle it gets done early enough I’ll cobble it together for powderham then sywell following.

I certainly feel your pain with painter. Only need rear valance/boot floor of mine repainting after doing corrosion prevention and it’s been 5weeks waiting to go in 😬🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally back to chateau Barrett. Pretty pleased how it’s come out for the money. Not a concourse car by any stretch but Itl be very presentable. 
the doors will be done this week ready for when I return after a camping trip with the family. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Paul Barrett said:

Finally back to chateau Barrett. Pretty pleased how it’s come out for the money. Not a concourse car by any stretch but Itl be very presentable. 
the doors will be done this week ready for when I return after a camping trip with the family. 

She is looking beautiful!

• 3 weeks later...

Those bloody trims must have had some small dinks in from factory! But I know what you mean, the only ones that seem to be more resilient are the earlier cars chromed ones. Probably slightly thicker steel for a start. I was thinking that I would use the relatively better ones I have in chrome that came with loads of spares I got with my 79 shell, and have them wrapped in the satin black as I have seen some pretty good ‘de-chrome’ jobs by a local firm 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jessopia74 said:

Those bloody trims must have had some small dinks in from factory! But I know what you mean, the only ones that seem to be more resilient are the earlier cars chromed ones. Probably slightly thicker steel for a start. I was thinking that I would use the relatively better ones I have in chrome that came with loads of spares I got with my 79 shell, and have them wrapped in the satin black as I have seen some pretty good ‘de-chrome’ jobs by a local firm 

The earlier cars are without a doubt better in terms of metal quality. My first B was a chrome two slot, regret selling now but it got me a rod going A series that I still own. 

i wouldn’t bother with wrap just knock them back with some wet and dry primer and paint. 

1 hour ago, Paul Barrett said:

The earlier cars are without a doubt better in terms of metal quality. My first B was a chrome two slot, regret selling now but it got me a rod going A series that I still own. 

i wouldn’t bother with wrap just knock them back with some wet and dry primer and paint. 

I have painted them before, even with expensive etching primer and they are never IMO as good as what the wrapped product is now.