E720 PEE

Paul Barrett

• 2 weeks later...

She’s running well now.

fitted bed bronze bushes to the throttle body, reamed them out after loctite, spindle zero yet free movement now and seems to be much smoother. Can now get 900rpm consistent idle. Win win.

Finishing up the leccy windows now, just need to get couple fuses sorted from a fiat sized feed. Then fit the door cards up!

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 6

Was a pig to get aligned on the mill, clamping down raised up off the bed I don’t have a reamer long enough to do one pass, but it works. 
no pics of that sadly as was so engrossed 

Edited by Paul Barrett

3 hours ago, Ems said:

Nice looking Manta.  What electric window kit are you using?

No kit. 
followed Jonathan poundsetts mod. 
used land rover defender motors and modified the manta mechanism. Wasn’t too bad but Jonathan. Did all the hard work working it out and posting on here on his build thread. The defender motors are nice and compact. I couldn’t find anything GM that would work easier. Really compact int he door with the huge glass. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I lost a headlight for 9 months, found it whilst searching for a car key, guessing just wait 9 months for the car keys. 

I'm definitely getting worse. Spent 2 days liking for that headlight😭

Spent 2 nights searching for them keys, and I'm done 😡

Edited by ®evo03

47 minutes ago, Sutty2006 said:

Your wheels look amazing. 

I’ve been thinking about selling my BMW style 5s and getting something else……. They just look superb 👌

Cheers sutty. Seem to be getting good feedback. Just need to get the rear balanced now better as had to the fronts again we’re way out from previous fitter 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Paul Barrett said:

Cheers sutty. Seem to be getting good feedback. Just need to get the rear balanced now better as had to the fronts again we’re way out from previous fitter 

Yeah, I get ya. I know of another local lad that’s done the same. It’s a huge process and I wish I had the time to do it. But like I said, they are the icing on the cake, and more. It’s hard to find decent wheels for the manta. I did find some revo 5 spokes but the ET was wrong and they stuck out a mile, plus needed 4 new tyres. 

• Like 1