Cavalier coupe project

Michael mcinerney

Hi all 

Bought this machine today.1976 Cavalier mk1 coupe. 1.9 engine few usual spots for repair but overall not bad. Northern Ireland car armagh reg MNT 584P 75.000miles 

Will add more pics when it arrives next Saturday. 

Man I buy it off is selling off all opel manta bits and parts.he has sheds full of parts never seen anything like it the amount of parts new and old for sale.he from roscommon in Ireland. Manta hevan......

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jessopia74 said:

Well done. 
You need to encourage him to post in the forum what he has for sale!

I will indeed. From what I've seen today loads of stuff.he has to go threw all of it to see exactly what he has.will be speaking with him him later this week.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Michael mcinerney said:

I will indeed. From what I've seen today loads of stuff.he has to go threw all of it to see exactly what he has.will be speaking with him him later this week.

Great to hear mate.

Are you likely to have a good look through you car before hand? Getting your own parts list is going to be key to the restoration.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jessopia74 said:

Great to hear mate.

Are you likely to have a good look through you car before hand? Getting your own parts list is going to be key to the restoration.

I was with him today got a few bits chrome arches .Two front wings.two door mirrors front seats.he has to look for few other parts for me.also got an original lower front spoiler 

• Like 1

On 13/03/2022 at 23:40, Jonathan Pounsett said:

See if the guy will put together a list of what he’s selling and post it on here as @Jessopia74said. Im after a few bits as are others. 

Getting the chrome arches is a result, decent ones are hard to find for sensible money. Chrome arch trim is the new Bitcoin!

I will be chatting to him later this week see if he will do that. Will let you know 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Michael mcinerney said:

Is there website where I can check the reg of this car.have no plates for car.asked previous owner said it came with no plates.also discovered the vin plate on drivers front is missing?? 

Chassis number and engine number matches the log book that I have.checked Chassis number on floor beside driver seat.

56 minutes ago, Jessopia74 said:

If the chai’s number and engine match it’s hardly a worry. The VIN plate is only riveted on after all, so they can never be trusted alone. 
The MOT history can be checked on gov site, reg you can check against known data at

https://www.rapidcarcheck.co.uk/free-car-specs-by-entering-registration/

Thank you for that Jessopia74 

Just checked report is fine

Is there anyway of getting a new vin plate for the car?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Michael mcinerney said:

Thank you for that Jessopia74 

Just checked report is fine

Is there anyway of getting a new vin plate for the car?

Blanks sometimes show up on eBay, original blanks are very expensive and tbh I can’t say I have seen any Vauxhall ones, but I only look for opel ones anyway.