Exclusive hatch breaking

Paul Barrett

16 hours ago, IanG said:

How much do you want?

Thanks have now found a set local to me collecting next week. Do you want to part with the axle oil breather, understand if you want to leave it complete!

Any chance you have the plastic hooks that attach the parcel shelf lift strings to the rear hatch?  Or anyone know where you can get them/similar?

I bought the hatch at Mathewsons recently and all I can afford 😉

52 minutes ago, DeanY said:

Any chance you have the plastic hooks that attach the parcel shelf lift strings to the rear hatch?  Or anyone know where you can get them/similar?

They are the weakest part of a hatchback haha. I think this is another part we need to get printed 🤣

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sutty2006 said:

They are the weakest part of a hatchback haha. I think this is another part we need to get printed 🤣

100% 👍

If you’re happy with the results of the headlight screws, can you get these made?

1 hour ago, Trooker said:

100% 👍

If you’re happy with the results of the headlight screws, can you get these made?

Depends. The lad making those is doing it for a bit of fun. If he won’t make me a batch of them, I’m going to ask to buy his files on them so I can get them made somewhere else. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sutty2006 said:

If we know why some parts fail is there an opportunity to tweak the design to reinforce the weak link? Or change to a more robust material?

I’m thinking out loud as I don’t have any knowledge in this field, but would it also be possible to make a set of parts all at the same time - like an Airfix kit?6F16BB62-8FB5-4ACC-A628-81AB131F86CE.gif.f89ae2b07fd8fcfee396e131c3b76d60.gif

6 minutes ago, Jonathan Pounsett said:

If we know why some parts fail is there an opportunity to tweak the design to reinforce the weak link? Or change to a more robust material?

I’m thinking out loud as I don’t have any knowledge in this field, but would it also be possible to make a set of parts all at the same time - like an Airfix kit?6F16BB62-8FB5-4ACC-A628-81AB131F86CE.gif.f89ae2b07fd8fcfee396e131c3b76d60.gif

If I knew what I was doing with a 3D scanner and printer I’d be making them already, however I’m utterly shite at technology and would end up launching a sledge hammer through it before it got out of the box. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Trooker said:

Wayne, if they’re not U/V damaged & brittle any chance of buying a couple of them off you?

I don’t have any as the lights were cocked up ( bounded in ) One side is still bounded in not looking forward trying to remove the lights from the body housing 

21 minutes ago, 1200bandit said:

I don’t have any as the lights were cocked up ( bounded in ) One side is still bounded in not looking forward trying to remove the lights from the body housing 

Sorry Wayne I misunderstood. Cheers 

1 hour ago, 1200bandit said:

Hopefully they will get made.l have tried a few things that have not worked.

Am running out of ideas 

It would be good if they were. 

I think either Andrew or Kevin Abbot did a great write up with pics involving a cut threaded bar & strong glue but I can’t find it in the electrical section & the search function on the forum can be a bit poor. 

3 hours ago, Trooker said:

It would be good if they were. 

I think either Andrew or Kevin Abbot did a great write up with pics involving a cut threaded bar & strong glue but I can’t find it in the electrical section & the search function on the forum can be a bit poor. 

I did have a look and l can’t find it ,l though l was being thick 

On 14/05/2022 at 07:00, DeanY said:

Sorry no, long gone.