Jump to content

Manta sr. 2.0 flywheel.


Recommended Posts

You don't need to replace the radiator, you can run that one with the fitting holes plugged or open. Its not an oil cooler its more like a heat exchanger  sat in the bottom radiator tank. It takes up a very small amount of room from the water  capacity but by itself will not affect the way the car runs.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a flywheel, looks like it take the 8 1/4 clutch if its any good for you.

Had it on my 1.9 that had been bored out to a 2.1 so with the right clutch it will take the power if yours is a 2.0L?

 

Andy

20210917_174855.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Malcolm Cliff said:

Hi,how much and can you post it please ?

How does £50 + delivery sound? I think last time i looked it was about £15 for delivery but i can check and let you know. Do you want the bolts as well or just the flywheel?

 

Andy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 09/04/2022 at 21:16, 611 said:

How does £50 + delivery sound? I think last time i looked it was about £15 for delivery but i can check and let you know. Do you want the bolts as well or just the flywheel?

 

Andy

Hi,can you send me the flywheel and bolts please,mobile is 07719282395,address is 32 Chesmond Drive,Blaydon on Tyne,Tyne and Wear,Ne214BL and I will pay by whatever method is best for you,Malcolm Cliff.

Edited by Malcolm Cliff
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi  Malcolm

Yep, no problem. I will get the postage cost and let you know the full amount and message you all the details later today.

 

Andy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Malcolm Cliff said:

Hi,sorry for late reply,flywheel arrived at 1.15 pm yesterday,great service,thanks a lot.

Hey Malcom

No problem, glad i could help out. 

Keep us posted on how it all goes with the conversion. You will love driving it with the 5 speed 🙂

 

Andy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Malcolm Cliff said:

Good morning,did you find the cable damper ? Malcolm.

I was trying to find the thread last night to post the pics but couldn't track it down 🙂

this is what i have, not sure if its the right one, original one or one i had made up, it was a long time ago!! 

I ran twin carbs and had an extended clutch cable to clear them so not sure if i used the original fitting or had one made? as it was a long time ago! I can measure if it looks right? Its no good to me so if it looks like it will work just cover the postage and its yours. i have completely removed the whole clutch mounting section as im hydraulic now 🙂

 

Andy

20220426_204140.jpg

20220426_204145.jpg

20220426_204156.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great,looks about right,Let me know the cost of postage and I will sort it,still looking for rubber bushes as I was told poly bushes would be too harsh,every bush on the car is shot, ordered Bilsteins b4 dampers but they do not do any for my car,trying to source a standard pair for the front now,also brake shoes,thanks,Malcolm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Malcolm Cliff said:

Great,looks about right,Let me know the cost of postage and I will sort it,still looking for rubber bushes as I was told poly bushes would be too harsh,every bush on the car is shot, ordered Bilsteins b4 dampers but they do not do any for my car,trying to source a standard pair for the front now,also brake shoes,thanks,Malcolm.

I will work out the cost tomorrow.

Your best bet for bushes is to try some of the German place. I have quite a few listed on my blog, and the back axel is the same as the Opel GT and i think someone did soft poly bushes for the GT, i think they were white ones. Also DR manta has a fair bit, he is pricy but sometimes the only option. I had to get a few bits form him as no one else had the bits i needed.

http://dr-manta-shop.de/epages/0859c4be-b99b-4b88-8216-6a78b07dc4b5.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/0859c4be-b99b-4b88-8216-6a78b07dc4b5/Categories/9ce3eb7e9ba5cbe1c2e9c3afe227e388/5c2111c6aa333736750a85abf22b3bd2

https://atz-online.com/pk/opel-manta-ascona-ab/vorderachse-opel-manta-ascona-ab/

https://www.o-t-r.de/produkt-kategorie/ascona-manta-a/hinterachse-ascona-manta-a-2/

 

If you get the spring cup rubbers get the poly ones of those as the rubber ones get chewed up after a while!

I try and get as many bits from the one place as i can as then its not too expensive on the old shipping!

 

Andy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Malcolm Cliff said:

Great,thanks very much.

No problem. I have replaced pretty much everything that could be replaced so i have already been through the pain of finding things and hopefully some of the stuff on my blog will help others to find bits more easily 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Malcolm Cliff said:

The damper arrived on Friday,thanks very much.Malcolm.

Brilliant. How are you doing for getting all the bits now?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,I think I have everything now,it was supposed to go to the mechanic on the 5th but he was still busy so we decided on the 16 th as I was on holiday the previous week,anyway when I rang him on 16 th he said bring it on the 18 th which I did and he said did I know the history of the box and as I had no information he said he would strip it,also there is a good gearbox man near me so one way or an other I am covered,no idea when it will be ready as the guy is a rally mechanic and has two to go to,one in Scotland and the the other in Barbados! I am so looking forward to driving the Manta with a manual box,new springs and dampers etc. The alternator is fine now and I got a weber 32/36 from a pal as mine had a crack in the float chamber which   I found after fitting a new gasket and adjusting the floats when fuel was dripping out,I also got a new K and N filter with the carb.Thank you very much for your help with the flywheel and the damper. I may fit an electric fan next,but need to finish off all of the little things but it is really enjoyable especially with warmer weather now.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

hi. i am glad that you have found a mechanic that you trust to do the job correctly. not trying to sound negative obviously but there are a few peculiarities to our cars that due to the rarity of people seeing or working on them may not be apparent.

i cannot compare with modern cars too much here as in theory they should be even more complicated but the cav is a good simple design and most stuff is straightforward with a few exceptions. the flywheel locating"P" bolt for example .

the awkward clutch adjustment for the lever.spring loading for the clutch pedal and various differnt brackets and clips that the manual has versus the auto.

also the statement that the mechanic will strip the box as its an unknown suggest he may wellknow what he is doing albeit extra expense maybee un needed.

obviously any thing you may need to know there is always plenty of free advice on here from us all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Malcolm Cliff said:

Hi,I think I have everything now,it was supposed to go to the mechanic on the 5th but he was still busy so we decided on the 16 th as I was on holiday the previous week,anyway when I rang him on 16 th he said bring it on the 18 th which I did and he said did I know the history of the box and as I had no information he said he would strip it,also there is a good gearbox man near me so one way or an other I am covered,no idea when it will be ready as the guy is a rally mechanic and has two to go to,one in Scotland and the the other in Barbados! I am so looking forward to driving the Manta with a manual box,new springs and dampers etc. The alternator is fine now and I got a weber 32/36 from a pal as mine had a crack in the float chamber which   I found after fitting a new gasket and adjusting the floats when fuel was dripping out,I also got a new K and N filter with the carb.Thank you very much for your help with the flywheel and the damper. I may fit an electric fan next,but need to finish off all of the little things but it is really enjoyable especially with warmer weather now.

Hey Malcom

Great news, lets hope its not too long before you get it back and can start enjoying it. There is a gearbox diagram on my blog if the guy needs one.

And i would defiantly loose the viscous fan and fit a small electric one as i found it so much better at keeping it cool in the odd very hot UK summer day!!

Keep us posted on progress!

Andy

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Got the car back on Friday,drives well but the ride height is wrong,the front has over five inches between the tyre and wheel arches,I am speaking to the spring supplier tomorrow,I am lengthening the gear lever as it is far too short even with a five speed gear knob fitted,obviously I have plenty of small jobs to do now,earning problem on one brake light,heater stuck on hot etc.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...