Valuation thoughts while i wait for someone from the club to get back to me!!

Hi All

What are your thoughts for agreed valuation on the Opel Project??

I have sent an email to the club and im waiting for someone to come back to me but thought i would see what you guys think.

Brief info and spec below for those who don't know the car. Im not selling! its just for the insurance!!

1973 A series Manta

Body
Underneath bead blasted, all rot removed and properly welded and fully rust proofed with a commercial rust proofer and then painted with 3 coats.
New wings
Fully painted in 2K original Cardinal red
Lots of new chrome parts fitted (arch trim, badges, grill and the rest fully restored.)

Interior - fully restored and NEW Cobra seats installed with 4 point harnesses. rear seats fully trimmed by cobra factory in black fabric.
momo leather steering wheel, gauges fitted to centre vents.
Bluetooth system fitted for wireless connection to phone/tablet.

BMW halo headlights fitted using custom made brackets.

Wheels - OZ racing 7 x 15 fitted with Yokohama 205 x 55 15 tyres.

Running gear
factory limited-slip diff
everything re-bushed, new seal fitted and all running gear bead blasted, rust proofed like body and painted.
Koni Sport (yellow) springs and shocks all round.
Cosworth 4x4 rear callipers with discs 
Wilwood 4 pot fronts on custom made brackets with vented discs

Engine and gearbox
Engine fully rebuilt with new pistons, rings, bearings and cam bearings.
5-speed box fitted with hydraulic clutch
2.4 engine with ENEM Y12 cam and hydraulic lifters
full Omex 600 injection with throttle bodies, distributor less ignition.
custom manifold and 2 1/2 inch custom made stainless system
custom rad, twin cooling fans.

Everything i could replace with NOS or remanufactured parts that could be.

Would love your thoughts as i need to get the insurance company to value it for the correct value!

Andy
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jessopia74 said:

To replace it and rebuild to that spec your are going to need 22-24K imo.

Looking at the value of some of the standard ones that have sold recently for about £15k i was thinking something just over the £20k

Obviously i cant tell the missus its worth that much 🙂

I need to get it insured for a decent value so i don't have to stress about leaving it in the car park when i take it out!

1 minute ago, 611 said:

Looking at the value of some of the standard ones that have sold recently for about £15k i was thinking something just over the £20k

Obviously i cant tell the missus its worth that much 🙂

I need to get it insured for a decent value so i don't have to stress about leaving it in the car park when i take it out!

Indeed, even the 15K car is going to need something no doubt

9 minutes ago, Jessopia74 said:

Indeed, even the 15K car is going to need something no doubt

If i took one of those £15K cars and then dropped the engine with injection, seats, wheels, brakes, diff and a few other bits i think i would be looking at £5-£7K just for the parts and that would be with me doing it so i think looking at it like that your estimation seems pretty good.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sutty2006 said:

Definitely upwards of 20k for insurance. I’ve found that modified cars are often valued less when it comes to selling them. 

knowing your location might help us find your area rep to assist with valuation.

Says Bournemouth on his location.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

Q is! Where do you find,  a LSD?

Back in the day you could order it as a factory extra. The dealer said back in those days people used to have them if they towed caravans?

I had broken a luxus and the axel had been sat down the side of the garage for a few year and someone wanted to buy it so i thought i best check its ok before i sell it so i took off the diff cover and thought "that does not look like a normal diff" and then looked it up in the manual to double checked and there it was, a limited slip diff 🙂

So i swapped the diff from mine into it before i sold it! and so i had a limited slip diff 🙂

2 hours ago, Sutty2006 said:

And a factory fitted LSD at that…… is it a TE2800? 

Im not sure if they fitted them as standard to any that came out of the factory but i was told they were an optional extra.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, ®evo03 said:

When you say luxus,  do you mean lexus?

In terms of insurance deplacement,  it's like replacing a unicorn,! 🦄

How do you even begin to describe that to them?

Looks like a horse, but with a giant d**k on its hea……… 

oh wait….. 

🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

When you say luxus,  do you mean lexus?

In terms of insurance deplacement,  it's like replacing a unicorn,! 🦄

How do you even begin to describe that to them?

In 1973 and 1974 there was also the "Luxus" model, which included refinements like corduroy seats, colour-coded interiors (blue or burgundy), and faux wood panelling.

Im sure it was that model that the axel came out of or it could have been a Rallye. That was back in the day when if they were in a crap condition or pretty rusty you just took all the good bits off and scrapped it!!

• Like 2

I have just had my Agreed Value for my Manta B (nowhere near your standards) for £20,000. I just plucked that figure out of my head on what I spent and what I thought it was worth to me at a minimum. I thought they might drop me down a bit, but they agreed without hesitation, which makes me think I could have squeezed a little more out of them, but I wasn't pushing my luck.

I sent 6 pictures to the agreed valuation part of the company with a description of the work carried out and they replied within 4 days to say yes, without any extra information from me. This is at a insurance price of £151 this year (£86 basic policy) via Lancaster insurance (5000 miles). The agreed value is a 2 year certificate.

In todays market and if the right interest in selling the car, I know it would be worth more, especially with all the spares I have to either fit or sell individually.

I would think looking at your project which could/should help your valuation a minimum of £25,000 would be better for you, but you should most definitely get £20,000 if I can. IMO your car out performs mine on all levels of attention and deserves a better agreed valuation, than I got, as the work you have put in is fantastic.

P.S. my home address is not the most desirable area and the car is not garaged at this present time. It is under CCTV detection and on my driveway.

Edited by robah
P.S. addition.
  • Like 1

Is it worth asking what the insurance company is basing it's figures on.... Or is that rocking the boat....

It would be horrible to loose anything,  and try and replace it.... As we all know the work it takes to get your pride and joy to your level...

5 hours ago, robah said:

I have just had my Agreed Value for my Manta B (nowhere near your standards) for £20,000. I just plucked that figure out of my head on what I spent and what I thought it was worth to me at a minimum. I thought they might drop me down a bit, but they agreed without hesitation, which makes me think I could have squeezed a little more out of them, but I wasn't pushing my luck.

I sent 6 pictures to the agreed valuation part of the company with a description of the work carried out and they replied within 4 days to say yes, without any extra information from me. This is at a insurance price of £151 this year (£86 basic policy) via Lancaster insurance (5000 miles). The agreed value is a 2 year certificate.

In todays market and if the right interest in selling the car, I know it would be worth more, especially with all the spares I have to either fit or sell individually.

I would think looking at your project which could/should help your valuation a minimum of £25,000 would be better for you, but you should most definitely get £20,000 if I can. IMO your car out performs mine on all levels of attention and deserves a better agreed valuation, than I got, as the work you have put in is fantastic.

P.S. my home address is not the most desirable area and the car is not garaged at this present time. It is under CCTV detection and on my driveway.

Thanks for the info, that really helps give me a better idea and good to know you can send the info in to them. I will ring mine next week and see what they say as im not too sure if/when i will hear back from the club.

Mine is garaged so hopefully that will help with mine. I also need to get a bit more security on it before i feel happy parking it places!! I have a steering lock but think soem sort of tracking might be good as well, i wonder if that will make much difference on the insurance? 

Andy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRealExile said:

If I had a car as nice I'd be sticking CCTV on my garage, collapsible bollard in front and a GPS tracker very well hidden for good measure, good job I'm not paranoid 👀 

That is pretty much what i had at the old house, but that was more for the Fireblade as the Opel wasn't worth nicking in those days, and it was in so many parts it would have taken a while!!

I now have a nice big set of wooden gates that you need to get past before you get to the garage and CCTV on them! Just need the tracker now!

• Like 1

Hard to beat a dead switch,  can even be triggered by standard fitted switches, using relays. 

Google it, vehicle kill switch.

Eg, you can trigger it by brake pedal, then, wiper switch,  if clever enough it can trigger horn! If not deactivated.

The above is not my sequence.

Edited by ®evo03
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TheRealExile said:

If I had a car as nice I'd be sticking CCTV on my garage, collapsible bollard in front and a GPS tracker very well hidden for good measure, good job I'm not paranoid 👀 

I think a Ring doorbell inside the garage would be a quick, cheap and easy solution. You can view the car whenever you want. 😀

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jonathan Pounsett said:

I think a Ring doorbell inside the garage would be a quick, cheap and easy solution. You can view the car whenever you want. 😀

Ring do a motion detect camera, which is basically the same as the doorbell camera, but without the doorbell! It’s considerably cheaper and if you already have a doorbell set up, you can just add it on as an extra cam. You can view real-time images, for when you are missing your manta too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1