Cavalier Coupe

IanG

1 hour ago, Kurtupsin75 said:

My friend might have one 

If so I can get a batch copied for anyone who needs one

2 minutes ago, IanG said:

If so I can get a batch copied for anyone who needs one

Is this the same thing?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255383645690?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=ceVXyi0wT7a&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=1oAQMJSaQsq&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

1 minute ago, cam.in.head said:

i have a kickdown cable. new unused gm.

did list it on ebay a few weeks back but got no bids. 

can relist it if you want or sell direct. £70 posted.

Deal if you can relist I will buy it now :)

cheers!

3 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

Those look great 👍 what’s next, primer and then chrome paint? 

Yep hope they come up nice may do the door lock surrounds as well they are really faded

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

I copied the chaps info, I’ll get hold of him for some of the inner door plastic parts that are no where to be found 👍😎

Yep sounds good, Aurora at Rotherham, nice chap to deal with too

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Went to put a new Weber twin choke on the Cav today, tried to remove the rocker cover to get at the last nut holding the carb on and someone has used a sealant instead of a gasket. Not only is it stuck firm but also will probably bend trying to get it free. Any ideas how to free it up?

Edited by IanG

On 25/08/2022 at 17:40, IanG said:

Yep hope they come up nice may do the door lock surrounds as well they are really faded

ALDI where selling chrome paint a fro week’s ago for £5.00 .l did get a can just in case it was required,have not used it yet 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

56 minutes ago, 1200bandit said:

ALDI where selling chrome paint a fro week’s ago for £5.00 .l did get a can just in case it was required,have not used it yet 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Let me know if it is any good, have a possible use myself.

hi ian

you should be able to get to the carb nuts with a smaller (or modified/sawn  spanner).they are a bit tight against the carb body.without taking rocker cover off.

the rocker cover has either been done like you say without a gasket but more likely just had a good coating of sealant on the gasket.the cork gaskets especially cheaper ones do seem to leak especially if the breathers are a bit blocked ! and need a smear of silicone generally.

id leave it for now unless you definately need it off.or if you fear bending it wait till you get a replacement.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cam.in.head said:

hi ian

you should be able to get to the carb nuts with a smaller (or modified/sawn  spanner).they are a bit tight against the carb body.without taking rocker cover off.

the rocker cover has either been done like you say without a gasket but more likely just had a good coating of sealant on the gasket.the cork gaskets especially cheaper ones do seem to leak especially if the breathers are a bit blocked ! and need a smear of silicone generally.

id leave it for now unless you definately need it off.or if you fear bending it wait till you get a replacement.

Thanks used this as an excuse to buy some bendy ring spanner’s see if they fit.

On 26/09/2022 at 09:42, cam.in.head said:

that should work .

Carb finally fitted and runs so nice, shiny and new vrooom!

Edited by IanG
  • Like 4