Auction: 87D Manta GTE Exclusive Hatch

Can't help feel that if this car is a good as it looks it should be worth £15-20K. But, being a hatch it probably won't.

It all looks very nice. I'd be somewhat surprised if that paintwork is original. It just looks too good!

The MOT history goes back to 2006 and has had only one advisory in the last 15 years. Wondering if that tailpipe is the original.

Edited by Monaco Blue

1 hour ago, Monaco Blue said:

Can't help feel that if this car is a good as it looks it should be worth £15-20K. But, being a hatch it probably won't.

It all looks very nice. I'd be somewhat surprised if that paintwork is original. It just looks too good!

The MOT history goes back to 2006 and has had only one advisory in the last 15 years. Wondering tf that tailpipe is the original.

It will be original as it’s the Exclusive type oval one. Nice exhaust but just don’t last sadly. 

Mick Maher has been to see the car today and has given a bit of a write up on the Facebook page. For those who don’t do FB, this is his description. Seems a decent genuine looked after car.

“Just had a mooch at the exclusive hatch for sale at mathewsons auctions looks a very nice car for someone its had a bit of paint on the nose cone and wings but otherwise looks untouched. Small blister on the sunroof. Chassis legs look good but it has just been undersealed. Interior very good. Will be interesting how much it goes for next week”

Estimate is £8 - £10k and I wouldn’t be surprised to see this exceed that. One to watch. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Trooker said:

Is it an old alarm next to the washer bottle or?

No its the ecu for a corsa electric steering column. No idea why its been installed in the engine bay when the column is in the car.

• Like 1

Choke! High revs issue.  All in all, very nice car, 

Correct with the tyres,  Goodyear eagle nct,

One thing for sure,  a car not to messed with,  wonder how the corsa eps was fitted, motor upside down above left knee?

Would be a cracking car to own.

How do you even begin to value that, auction prob is the best way to go. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ®evo03 said:

Choke! High revs issue.  All in all, very nice car, 

Correct with the tyres,  Goodyear eagle nct,

One thing for sure,  a car not to messed with,  wonder how the corsa eps was fitted, motor upside down above left knee?

Would be a cracking car to own.

How do you even begin to value that, auction prob is the best way to go. 

The Injection does have higher revs at cold start, so should drop after. But obv not a ‘choke’ but as it’s a genetic term we might let him off. 

• Like 2

Good to see nice ones like this popping up BTW ..thats pretty much good to go and enjoy..as not everyone is able to restore them to their former glory or pay for someone else to undertake for that matter...😎

• Like 1

I didn’t think he did a bad job to be honest, considering how many cars pass through them every week. They have had a few Mantas in the auctions over the last couple of years and if that brings new people into the hobby, that’s no bad thing…..even if he did call it an ‘executive’. 🤭

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Irmscher Man said:

I didn’t think he did a bad job to be honest, considering how many cars pass through them every week. They have had a few Mantas in the auctions over the last couple of years and if that brings new people into the hobby, that’s no bad thing…..even if he did call it an ‘executive’. 🤭

Well the fact that they are described as "exec" on the log book will add to that confusion.

Best thing is,  they seem to like them, old boy Derek has a soft spot for them, 

all and all, you go, you view, you bid, you win.  Job done. 

These guys I can live with, it's the majority of new dealers get me, 

Never trust anyone who wears a suit... :)

• Like 2