Suspension washer

1200bandit

17 minutes ago, Jessopia74 said:

Damn that sucks mate, I see if I can have a dig about tomorrow for you mate, maybe is my answer.

If you dont have any luck and they are the same as the A? i have a big box of bolts and bits so i might have something in there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 1200bandit said:

Thanks boys, l know the are in the garage,house some where but can’t find them 

Its in that safe place with all the other bits you cant find 🙂

I have one of those places for mine!

• Like 1

I lost an entire drill with bits the other week, it's in the garage somewhere 🙄 had to go and buy a wickes special to tide me over and a load of my flat blade screwdrivers have vanished too 🤔 I'm either going a bit senile or I'm being visited by the borrowers! 

• Like 2

I while ago I was asking if there was a spring in steering column UJ. I was sure I’d seen one but couldn’t find it anywhere. Put the steering back together with the “wrong” spring. 

fast forward…..just found this;

81348AFA-DA04-4CFE-9FAD-13B8D9726B65.jpeg

I hope someone has those washers @1200banditas they’re required to adjust the castor angle!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, 1200bandit said:

Also lost the copper slip today put it down 20 minutes earlier can’t find it

Have a Opel Manta A workshop manual ( was going to get but fell through) if any good for you.

Thanks for the thought but already got one. I have the car out of the garage today as took it for a run as it was so nice so before i put it back i will pull that box of bits out.

• Haha 1

You can buy new washers individually from Krause-Rennsporttechnik

https://www.krause-rennsporttechnik.de/shop/en/Chassis/Front-Axle/Manta-Ascona-B/Caster-shim-for-upper-wishbone?source=2&refertype=1&referid=156

They do 3 different thickness of both the small and large washer so you can alter the caster angle on competition cars. They are not expensive(about€10 for the 4), it’s just €19 of postage and potential customs hassle(unless your after some other stuff). I’ve found them  good to deal with and they do have some good stuff (eg I got a short 2.4 twin DCOE manifold off them)

I bought new bolts with washers from TJ Motorsport, they were pretty expensive @£45 for the pair but there wasn’t a lot in it with the postage from Germany, and I did have to cut my original bolts down the side of the caster washers as the bolts were seized in the bush, so had to replace the lot.

https://www.tjmotorsport.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=2000645-S

I may have the old washers kicking around somewhere, but they may be a bit damaged by the hacksawing😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Moonmonkey said:

You can buy new washers individually from Krause-Rennsporttechnik

https://www.krause-rennsporttechnik.de/shop/en/Chassis/Front-Axle/Manta-Ascona-B/Caster-shim-for-upper-wishbone?source=2&refertype=1&referid=156

They do 3 different thickness of both the small and large washer so you can alter the caster angle on competition cars. They are not expensive(about€10 for the 4), it’s just €19 of postage and potential customs hassle(unless your after some other stuff). I’ve found them  good to deal with and they do have some good stuff (eg I got a short 2.4 twin DCOE manifold off them)

I bought new bolts with washers from TJ Motorsport, they were pretty expensive @£45 for the pair but there wasn’t a lot in it with the postage from Germany, and I did have to cut my original bolts down the side of the caster washers as the bolts were seized in the bush, so had to replace the lot.

https://www.tjmotorsport.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=2000645-S

I may have the old washers kicking around somewhere, but they may be a bit damaged by the hacksawing😊

Krause do have some good stuff, i have bought a fair bit of stuff from them when rebuilding mine.

I will dig through my box tomorrow and let you know if i find anything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

While i was waiting for the chicken to cook today i had a spare but of time so i thought i would rummage through my box of bits and found these!

They look like the ones to me and i can do a better measure up of them if you think they are the right ones.

Andy

20220417_121350.jpg

20220417_121300.jpg

20220417_121257.jpg

20220417_121157.jpg

20220417_121150.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1200bandit said:

I think they look right,can’t take measurements as miss placed the washers 

Can you tell what the cost is posted to Liverpool 

Cheers Wayne 

I didn't know if you could get a rough measure off the other side!

I will check out postage tomorrow and let you know.

Andy

25 minutes ago, 1200bandit said:

The o/s of the manta is tight up against the wall as the garage is only 8 foot across 

That's no excuse, the suspension is at the front! 🙂

No problem to send these up to you and it they are the right ones then happy days, looks like it will have to go as a large letter, £1.45

Drop me the postage via PayPal to andy@complete-design.com and i will pop them in the post tomorrow.

Andy

• Haha 1