Nice hatch at auction

That’s lovely. It’s obviously had a bit of work so it would be good to have a proper look over it to see how well it’s been done and what might be lurking underneath. Looks solid enough though. This car went through Mathewsons in March 2021 and made £7250. It looks as though a few jobs have been done to tidy it up. Danny hated this car as it had a rough running issue that couldn’t be cured. It seems that has been sorted by the previous owner, who had a few other jobs done.

With a few hatches up for sale at the moment, it will be interesting too see what it makes this time around.

Pretty sure that's the one that Dan O restored about 5 years ago. Can't find the thread but as I recall it was re sprayed in the wrong colour. Steel Grey instead of Dolphin Grey. Has the rare beige interior. 

Looks very nice again now. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Monaco Blue said:

Pretty sure that's the one that Dan O restored about 5 years ago. Can't find the thread but as I recall it was re sprayed in the wrong colour. Steel Grey instead of Dolphin Grey. Has the rare beige interior. 

Looks very nice again now. 

That car! 
I would like to know the mileage racked up over the past 2-3 years. I can’t check at the moment as not on the UK and the GOV website blocks me.
It’s a shame the body shop messed up the colour but at the time it was a project to use and not be precious about. 

3 hours ago, Danny D114BCW said:

That car! 
I would like to know the mileage racked up over the past 2-3 years. I can’t check at the moment as not on the UK and the GOV website blocks me.

Not many…

Sep ‘17 - Jun ‘20  87 miles

Jun ‘20 - Feb ‘22  503 miles

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheRealExile said:

Interesting how it is changing hands so soon 🤔 I'd want to drive it for a good few hours to check it really is sorted.

Life gets in the way mate, perhaps they just need to liquidate even though they really would like to keep it.

I was in a position like that myself around 2010 crash. Have to make hard choices to keep head above water for the good of the family. 

1 hour ago, TheRealExile said:

Interesting how it is changing hands so soon 🤔 I'd want to drive it for a good few hours to check it really is sorted.

So would I. Considering the issue was supposedly something I had changed 3 times. The guy who bought it off me was a sound chap though (if he still owns it) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jessopia74 said:

Life gets in the way mate, perhaps they just need to liquidate even though they really would like to keep it.

I was in a position like that myself around 2010 crash. Have to make hard choices to keep head above water for the good of the family. 

Could be many reasons like you say...I'd still want to run the bugger for a good while though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...