Brake pressure bleeder air drawn in ?

hoobby

Sorry not a manta replaced rear brake lines from abs unit all the way to calipers on a MK3 golf but getting what seems an unrealistic amount of air coming out so far used nearly 2 liters of fluid air comes in big bursts then clear of bubbles for a while and repeats seems never ending  can someone confirm there is no way air can be drawn in using a pressure bleeder? and the bubbles are definitely air in the system not air  drawn in.

I also use a pressurised brake bleeder and always put silicon grease around the open brake nipple to prevent air escaping/entering past the threads. Before using the brake bleeder I use gravity to fill the pipes with fluid, then attach the bleeder...If any of the pipe unions are not tight, you  will see a leak....ps I had a lovely MK3 VR6, just lowered it, put on plain steel wheels and 1.4 Badges....even some armed response officers were impressed when I overtook their unmarked 2.8 Vectra at over 125mph....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

i have the suction side of the motor/ compressor fed into a large glass jar with no hose on it.then a second hose into the jar down to the bottom.this is the hose that you put on the bleed nipple.

the suction then creates suction on the nipple to draw the fluid out.ive also fitted a small t piece and little tap on the suction side from the motor to make it variable. so you can get a bit of control over it,

basically you end up with a proper usefull suction tool to drain things as well such as power steering resevoirs,brake fluid resevoir,oil spills etc.

Couldn't get air out of the abs pump took it to a garage to activate the pump to be told car was made in the wrong millennium "too old" I think the actual words were not so sure if he meant me or the car.

• Haha 2

On 25/04/2022 at 17:24, cam.in.head said:

that will work in a similar fashion yes.pump up the vacuum to draw the fluid out. these ideas are much better and give better results than the old '2 man manual method'  

Or one man and his mum or wife/girlfriend....when they pump the clutch pedal! or you forget to ask them to release the brake pedal, and they say after 5 minutes "Can I release it now, my leg is killing me!"

• Haha 2