Manta b coupe measurements

stumpy

As above does anyone have the measurements from the inside to inside of the b pillars  without trim fitted I have a rollcage and it seems very wide 1354 mm just  above inner cill level

So your cage Jess  it's tight against the b pillars do you can stitch weld it directly to it ? I have seen another cage in a manta requiring a gusset plate  between the A and B pillars to the cage  

Some cages don't fit as well or as tightly as others. I've seen them where you could put your fingers between the main hoop and the B pillars (which is a horrible idea). Some have been fitted too low onto pedastals also so there was room above the top bar of the main hoop/side bars etc. Which shouldn't pass scrutineering for a rally/race car and is a bad way of putting one in all round.

I can get you a measurement later but on my coupe the cage is touching the B pillar around window height and is stitch welded to it there and on windscreen pillars and sides of roof

I’ve taken the following measurements;

Just above transmission tunnel from inside door jam to inside door jam is 1360mm. This is about half way up the vertical section as I have a larger transmission tunnel. 

Inside door jam to inside door jam tight up under the dashboard crossmember is 1350mm. The dashboard is not currently fitted. 

Bottom of A Pillar to bottom of A Pillar where it is welded to dashboard crossmember is 1320mm.

Top of A Pillar to top of A Pillar is 1030mm. This is along top edge of windscreen. 

Happy to help if you need anything else. 

431757E3-F737-4C33-BD0A-BF8B7E7FAF73.jpeg

1D5B6E0E-257A-407B-9966-F956E5557441.jpeg

1C4066B1-2E5E-45E4-8F00-8A59B8E3FD18.jpeg

C1BDD960-76F1-4BE8-B179-E43E0D6D287A.jpeg

4543F730-8E0D-43F1-B183-9502A233514B.jpeg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, stumpy said:

So your cage Jess  it's tight against the b pillars do you can stitch weld it directly to it ? I have seen another cage in a manta requiring a gusset plate  between the A and B pillars to the cage  

It does not sit against the B pillar as such, but is tight to sides, not 100% following the profile, but close. However, it does not weld to but has bolt lugs for the B pillars. Added best pic I have showing it installed mate.

E559E717-D02D-4FED-B939-1A2A49EE6926.jpeg

Edited by Jessopia74
Added pic
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, stumpy said:

As above does anyone have the measurements from the inside to inside of the b pillars  without trim fitted I have a rollcage and it seems very wide 1354 mm just  above inner cill level

I've checked 3 shells i have in and going infront of the rear seat crossmember straight across just above the tunnel i get 1372mm on them.

• Thanks 1