Tank Fairing Cardboard Cover for Opel Manta B Ascona B Boot

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 1200bandit said:

£ 150 for a hardboard cover, a bit steep 

Must be hand stitched by elves 🧝‍♀️ sprinkled with fairy dust and able to make wishes come true. It doesn’t even look much cop either….

On 22/06/2022 at 22:34, mantaray said:

Try and get another one. First new one I've  seen in years.

Mines in 3 bits but I'm definitely going to have a go at making one for the cost of millboard. I think about £30-40 last time I checked.

• Like 1

What are these made of? Compressed card? The silver coupe us mint and I would be happy to help get a pattern done. I might message the chap,on FB that has done a Sterling job if making headlining for all manner of cars based on a single good example. Perhaps the club could use some funds to get them made for reselling to the club members, alongside the panels 💁

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jessopia74 said:

I will order and scribe one out 👍

Just seen postage, omg 🤦‍♂️

9461C19D-7341-4554-B1E4-48140A298003.jpeg

My lad lives near Peterborough could collect some next time I’m down there which gets it back to Wakefield if that’s any help.

• Like 1

Lol you can clearly see in the first post thats a reproduction item, so you may as well make one up yourself anyway,which will be better than the original effort.

Then spend what you save on the hideous cost of fuel nowadays😆😎

Edited by evo3000
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Funnily enough, I’ve spent the last few evenings tracking down different thicknesses of Millboard so I can get cracking with these. I’d be interested in how thick the Millboard is from Woolies. If it is a good alternative, I may order some for the club shop and get some tank covers made up and take them along to Sywell. I have a decent cover in my i200 that I can use as a template.

I’m fairly near to Peterborough but what with the cost of petrol, it’s still probably cheaper to get it sent!

I’ve also got a brand new radiator tray although I doubt whether this Millboard is thick enough for making those up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 06/07/2022 at 19:22, Irmscher Man said:

Funnily enough, I’ve spent the last few evenings tracking down different thicknesses of Millboard so I can get cracking with these. I’d be interested in how thick the Millboard is from Woolies. If it is a good alternative, I may order some for the club shop and get some tank covers made up and take them along to Sywell. I have a decent cover in my i200 that I can use as a template.

I’m fairly near to Peterborough but what with the cost of petrol, it’s still probably cheaper to get it sent!

I’ve also got a brand new radiator tray although I doubt whether this Millboard is thick enough for making those up.

I will get the Vernier on it later for you. 
Are the bend creases stamped or something? I was wondering if a bead roller would do them 🤔

7 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

I will get the Vernier on it later for you. 
Are the bend creases stamped or something? I was wondering if a bead roller would do them 🤔

I reckon they are stamped, so a bead roller might do the trick. Simon and I have been looking at getting at how expensive it would be to get tooling made up to stamp the radiator cards. Would probably need to be about 4mm thick to replace the original. Most Millboard I’ve found is 2.5mm. 

On 03/07/2022 at 21:30, Jessopia74 said:

Stuff arrived, very well packaged but rolled up, so will take a few days to flatten out. It’s a smooth finish in comparison to the mottled effect on the OEM.

DCBE2F52-FAB6-4099-B9EC-AD921EF350E5.jpeg

Measured it at around 2,5mm +/- 0.4mm

• Thanks 1