1973 Opel Manta A for sale

Peter Blissett

Hello everybody. I have an 1973 Opel Manta A for sale. I am due to move house in about 8 weeks time and my wife has told me that the car will not be moving with us. I have owned the car since 1984 and drove it daily up until 1991. In 1991 I had it resprayed and then garaged it for around the next 30 years. It is taxed (historic vehicle) and insured and I drive it at weekends but not very far.

I have been in the OMOC in the past and am again now but I'm not really sure how anything works on the site. Below are some recent photos.

I presume if anyone is interested they will get in contact through this forum. If any one has any advice or suggestions I would be grateful.

Regards

Pete

IMG20210218161704.jpg

IMG20210218161654.jpg

IMG20210218161652.jpg

IMG20210218161648.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

Sell it to a friend for £1 and then buy it back in a couple of months 😎😁

But definitely put a price.👍

All very good suggestions thank you. I shall try and add a bit more detail and more photos this weekend. 

• Like 3

If you have it still in July bring it along to the VBOA show at sywell and advertise it for sale. It be sure to go to a true enthusiast and not a dealer there. Shown in all its glory! 

As Steve had said I’d leave her there 😂😂

In all seriousness…… I would 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/06/2022 at 21:50, Sutty2006 said:

Have you considered moving house with the car, and leaving the wife behind? 

my wife knows this is what would happen with us. 🤣

Exactly what i told mine 🙂

Nice looking A series, love the color 🙂

Shame it has to go. Looks like you are missing the middle grill trim? I probably have those somewhere in the loft!

Andy

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 611 said:

Exactly what i told mine 🙂

Nice looking A series, love the color 🙂

Shame it has to go. Looks like you are missing the middle grill trim? I probably have those somewhere in the loft!

Andy

Hi Andy, Some sound advice but not sure whether I'll act on it!

Good spot with the middle grill trim. I do actually have a spare middle grill complete with trim (and light surrounds) and hopefully I will get around to fitting it. See pics.

In fact there are quite a few spares that can go with the car or separately from it. These include spare engine, gearbox, full set of window glass all round, steering column, cables, servo, front bumper, window rubbers, front and rear lights, indicators and more. Please see attached photos    

IMG20220703094743.jpg

IMG20220703094748.jpg

IMG20220703094751 (1).jpg

IMG20220703094754.jpg

IMG20220703094814 (1).jpg

IMG20220703094814.jpg

IMG20220703094841.jpg

IMG20220703094847.jpg

IMG20220703094935.jpg

IMG20220703094950.jpg

IMG20220703095131.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Paul

She looks pretty good. A shame if you do have to let her go.

I see you have the window rubbers and trim to do as well as the grill.

I would look at selling some of the spares if you don't need them. The front bumper, steering column and engine will probably be things that people on here would be interested in and the callipers if they are original?

just finished mine this year so im running around on sunny days to make sure all is ok and then i plan a few loner trips 🙂

I would probably do a post with a bit more details on the car, what comes with it and what needs doing, and a price 🙂

Andy

DSC_0092-1536x1024.jpg

• Like 1

On 03/07/2022 at 19:39, 611 said:

Hi Paul

She looks pretty good. A shame if you do have to let her go.

I see you have the window rubbers and trim to do as well as the grill.

I would look at selling some of the spares if you don't need them. The front bumper, steering column and engine will probably be things that people on here would be interested in and the callipers if they are original?

just finished mine this year so im running around on sunny days to make sure all is ok and then i plan a few loner trips 🙂

I would probably do a post with a bit more details on the car, what comes with it and what needs doing, and a price 🙂

Andy

DSC_0092-1536x1024.jpg

Hi Andy,

Many thanks for the advice. What a fantastic job you have made of your car.

Pete

7 hours ago, Peter Blissett said:

Hi Andy,

Many thanks for the advice. What a fantastic job you have made of your car.

Pete

Thanks.

I'm off to a show in her tomorrow. I was trying to persuade the missus to come with me but i expect it will just be me. Still i wont have to listen to her moan about it being to bumpy and noisy 🙂

And i can play any music i like as well, so there is a plus to her not coming 🙂

Andy

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...