Engine Charge Light Anomalies

Jonathan Pounsett

If he can sort out the charge light without making a song and dance about it I’ll get him to give the whole car a once over.

As you say if there are problems it’s better to spot them now than watch the car burn out on the hard shoulder of the M40!

16 minutes ago, cam.in.head said:

you arent swapping non tacho dashes and 6 dial dashes around are you. ? you probably know or have found out that they are not interchangeable without rewiring  the main dash connectors . pins / wires are not in the same place .

hopefully the electrician should be able to sort it for you as its always hard when the cars not in front of you. 

the guage you showed looks like the voltmeter and the components on the back are simply to run that particular guage and adjust it .

and obviously thats only on the 6 dial dash anyway

I had three spare dashes, a six dial, a non tacho and another of unknown origin. Luckily the pins on the back were numbered so I could work out which lights would light up for what.

I’ve tested the diodes and the seem to be working fine so no damage was done. Anyway the auto electrician thinks it’s an easy fix… I hope he’s right.

10 minutes ago, cam.in.head said:

also just to confirm.

the batt light on thedash is a normal filament bulb 3w .some (if not all) alternators need the 3w load and a led cannot be fitted.

i think you said you were only using leds for illumination but worth checking.

👍standard bulb. That was the first thing the sparky asked me 😂