1977 MANTA B SR FOR SALE

KEEFY

Bought new by myself back in 1977.  Been garaged for over 10 years and not run so a little TLC needed.   Body work is good with small signs of rust. Worst area is on the roof.  

Inside is almost immaculate with it looking pretty much as it was back in 1977, except one sun visor needs slight attention.

Mileage is 55244

1.9 , manual

No V5 but have original logbook

Will need to be trailered away.

Would love to have restored it myself but have other projects to do.

Open to sensible offers, no set price

Hereford, UK location

Email for further details      benchclutock@yahoo.co.uk

photos to follow.........

• Like 1

We will be checking out the electrics later today and post the outcome. Please feel free to contact me on email. benchclutock@yahoo.co.uk 

If you are interested, more photos or come and have a look, near Hereford City. This car will be sold and we are very keen for it to go to an enthusiast. Thanks

This manta has not been on the road since 1994, been kept covered up in a dry garage and started occasionally. But for last 10 years it has not been started, therefore engine will need checking. But we have wired up a battery and all the electrics work, including the air horn which just nearly gave me a heart attack!! Lights all work, even the one under the bonnet, interior lights work, hazards, number plate, except drivers side rear brake light, suspect bulb knackered which I will check, but everything else is fine, stereo works, clock. I expect wipers will work too. Someone needs to come see this car before I fall in love with it again and keep it! I have just found the original service stamp book, only stubbs saying it was serviced at every so many miles up until 1987, it was serviced after then but not stamped unfortunately. Also have owners manual and some really nice opel brochures and leaflets showing all different models. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KEEFY said:

This manta has not been on the road since 1994, been kept covered up in a dry garage and started occasionally. But for last 10 years it has not been started, therefore engine will need checking. But we have wired up a battery and all the electrics work, including the air horn which just nearly gave me a heart attack!! Lights all work, even the one under the bonnet, interior lights work, hazards, number plate, except drivers side rear brake light, suspect bulb knackered which I will check, but everything else is fine, stereo works, clock. I expect wipers will work too. Someone needs to come see this car before I fall in love with it again and keep it! I have just found the original service stamp book, only stubbs saying it was serviced at every so many miles up until 1987, it was serviced after then but not stamped unfortunately. Also have owners manual and some really nice opel brochures and leaflets showing all different models. 

You know I am going to buy it 😎lol

16 hours ago, Irmscher Man said:

Oooh, that’s an early one. What month was it registered? 76 or 77? 

Possibly one of the earliest Manta B’s still surviving.

I love the early lights on these. 

It's June 77

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, KEEFY said:

This car is not for sale anymore. I have fallen in love with it again!! and will be restoring it myself. As soon as we got it running, I couldn't let it go! 

Looking forward to hearing more 👍

On 24/07/2022 at 20:47, KEEFY said:

This car is not for sale anymore. I have fallen in love with it again!! and will be restoring it myself. As soon as we got it running, I couldn't let it go! 

Excellent! Best outcome all round......you would only have regretted it afterwards and wouldn't have been able to do anything about it.

Looking at the VBOA show last week, we only had 8 pre facelift B Series cars there, so its great that another one will be back on the road one day.

• Like 2