1979 vauxhall Cavalier mk1 auto

Purchased another Cavalier today in donegal. 1979 1.6 auto 30.000miles

Very clean body.all original. No radio was even fitted.drives lovely. dry engine and box. Interior little faded but in great nick.was going to drive home but tyres well perished. But seller is to enquire about getting it delivered to me.real nice fella.

He also had a opel gt under cover and a lovely opel kadett B saloon two door.should have taken few

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

pics.

Will post few more pics when car arrives next week hopefully 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 6

Cavalier arrived today.solid car few bits need doing mainly paint work. No nasties like the orange Cavalier. Very presentable as is.check over brakes and suspension. Wash this evening made a start on machine polisher coming out great.hope to get a good craic at it tomorrow. 

2 minutes ago, Michael mcinerney said:

Where would I find the colour code?it a 1979. Auto 1.6 GL.

• Like 3

Looks really good, enjoy bringing it up to the next level. 
I can’t remember where the plate is on those but the paint code is on there.

If all else fails you could consider sending the filler cap cover for colour matching. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trooker said:

Looks really good, enjoy bringing it up to the next level. 
I can’t remember where the plate is on those but the paint code is on there.

If all else fails you could consider sending the filler cap cover for colour matching. 

Anyone know which one is paint code.only ID plate I can find?

9 hours ago, cam.in.head said:

hi.  code is    

75L     ember red.

Thanks  cam.in.head.

Appreciate your help. 

Came up pretty good today

Used the dewalt rotary polisher with wool pad and 3m green top compound.

Then used the DA polisher with medium sponge and menzeirna 3in one compound fantastic compound great result. 

• Like 6

Wow, top work there! She looks fantastic.

I love the colour, it’s one of the nicest GM colours of that era imho.
Some of these older paints last amazingly well. I had an Ember Red Chevette as my first car and the paint was the best bit in the end, modern Vauxhall reds have been notoriously bad. 

I might even have a few rattle cans in the workshop if you need them! 😉

• Like 2