Manta coupe shock absorbers same all years ?

hoobby

Front shocks are worn out (bouncy bouncy) need to replace want something standard looking found some listsd 75-88 gas is this correct same front shocks over the years including exclusives

Edited by hoobby

if you want original spec but cantfind any original gm ones then aftermarket boge are pretty much the same spec albeit a little firmer. if thats what you are after.

i know this from experience.original gm shocks for the cav always were soft and thats how i personally like it. the boge/sachs seem identical in every way (and were most likely the ones who made the originals anyway)but to a slightly different spec. 

oem manufacturers dont necessarily make the replacements to the same spec or quality as the originals.? ?

many people will think the original ones too soft especially if comparing the ride with a modern car.but be carefull you dont go too firm and ruin a good car !

i have a pair of boge front ones here that i put on for a week but then changed back to some nos originals i picked up at billing show. 1 bounce and stop on std springs rather than 1 1/2 on oem.

• Like 1