my hatch... R1 POWER

mickappy

• 2 months later...

Nice one Mick. That's becoming a popular conversion on the XE these days. I hope I'll have my SEH running on them fairly soon too.

Cheers,

Joe.

Please log into this site from the Home page folks. It helps to keep it as the first Manta site listed on Google.

now that sounds frekkin monstrous , you'll be sucking old grannies up off the pavement , makes me want to get off my ford anglia and fit my carbs .

fitted them a few weeks back and had a couple of problems , a misfire on 4 and fuel squirting out of no.2 . scince then ive stripped and cleaned them and thats it . hearing yours has re-kindled my enthusiasm for it , ill be trying again in a couple of weeks .

can i ask if you joined up the throttle cable yet and how you managed it ?

i got all the bits , extra cables and those screw on ends , got it fitted and working but had it looking like a right bodge up .

and did you find that throttle pedal travell was really really short ?

oreet dan, ive just come in from doing my cable. i bought a yamaha universal kit and made one up. the travel in the pedal is shorter than normal but nothing to worry about,

have you got a r1 pump yet, i think this is why your is over fueling and misfiring, its a very clever little pump that turns itself off when the floats are full.

omoc member 5918 (leeds)

g1.jpg

• 4 months later...

Quality Mick

If you dont mind me asking, where did you get a good 1.8mm drill bit fit for the job? Ive been trying to find ones everywhere and can only find good HSS bits in 0.5mm increments from 1.0mm upwards

I have seen precison sets on the internet but they are bound to break straight away, dont fancy a bit stuck in one of my jets :hair

it was a job finding a 1.8mm bit. i did get it of the internet. ill find the link and post it up for ya. even a good bit that small can snap quite easy, luckily

the jets are soft brass type.

ive had the car out and it pulls like a trian in all gears. i dont think its holding back now its very tail happy, it goes sideways very easily which is fun :thumbup

i mean mine's not very drivable at low speed,changing gear all the time,think it must be the 2.0 ratio

also spoke to another fellow about this ,and he says he is getting a 1.8

so i better get looking

p.s your reply answered my question :thumbup

• 11 months later...
thought id see if my measuring was right and see if the r1 carbs and manifold would fit with out moving the servo.

Image009.jpg

Image012.jpg

Image013.jpg

perfect fit even with the K and N filters.

now i know it all fits with no bother im intending to pull the engine out and rebuild it with 288 degree cams, lightend and balanced bottom end with arp bolts, rebord to 86.5mm and some headwork. that should see

around 200bhp before the nos[:D] cant wait[:P]

omoc member 5918

g1.jpg

Hi Mick, can you remember what K&N filters they were?

I have the Bogg Brothers manifold and K&N filters on my car , i still have got the box that 1 came in ,it says RC-1090 on it.Hope this helps you.

26012009439.jpg

Ordered my set from the local accessory shop for about £120.00 .

• 1 year later...

just giving this a bump so i can find it easily to update.

cars been out of action for the best part of 3 years now.

just giving it a good titivating b4 billing.

2 chassis legs. new sunroof, new driver wing, new bonnet.

and new paint. and something a bit special.

post a few pics tonight of where the chassis legs used to be:)

wish me look.

Mick, Have I missed something and you have decided to keep the car :thumbup

How desperate are you for a wing as I have a Monaco Blue wing form my exclusive, but the problem is it's currently 120 miles away at my grans house. It's not in too bad a condition (I think).

The next time I am due to visit is the end of April :unsure: so If you still need one by then let me know and I might be able to meet on my way back from Wigan to Lincolnshire.