my hatch... R1 POWER

mickappy

yes goes well with the carbs mate, would recommend it, with the other mods i bet in not far of 200bhp.

will find out when i get it rolling roaded.

suspenion set up is apex 60mm lowering springs with billys all round. handles well for an old boat:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

mot passed again, he was quite amazed just how clean the engine was running on these r1 carbs,

just a few jobs to finnish now, new big brakes, bonnet sorting, polish and more polish:).

085.jpg

088-1.jpg

089-1.jpg

its been a busy few month, job done:)

• Like 1

Absolutely loving that last pic of this car of yours Mick, more I look at this car the more I simply cannot imagine a 400 road kit/240 kit on a coupe, it is just so damn fitting and suited to a hatch it is almost as if they were designed for the hatch over the coupe.

Whole package looks absolutely spot on mate, always been a fan of your car though Mick :thumbup

mot passed again, he was quite amazed just how clean the engine was running on these r1 carbs,

just a few jobs to finnish now, new big brakes, bonnet sorting, polish and more polish:).

...and then sell to me. :)

Awesome, and I'm preferring it without the yellow decals atm, though it looks awesome with them on also. :lol:

not sure what to do about the decals yet, ive put 1 on the back and ones

going on the front but im not too sure on the sids.

cheers clive, the whole package is not spot on tho, the paint i did myself:( its ok but not showroom.

apart from that its solid and will be for years to come. :thumbup

im itching to build my 400rt now. cant wait. that will have a showroom paint job:) :lol:

well time to do the brakes. so im putting on vectra v6 288mm discs.

discs redrilled and opened up to accept the manta hub.

steel spacer machined up too, vectra v6 calipers.

enginevid058.jpg

enginevid057.jpg

SDC10962.jpg

new longer bolts also needed through the disc and spacer to hub.

more pics tomoz completed. should stop well:)

Edited by mickappy

finally sorted, just remember nipples to the top........... arrrghhhh

im sure im not the only one whos done this:) i hope

002-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

now just one thing to go to finish... dont really want to say yet just incase it dont work:)

looking good Mick , I was surprised to see you painted it again ,it looked spot on the last time i saw it.

nice brakes too :thumbup , are you using the standard master and servo ?

i thought you broke it for parts a few months back , im sure i saw it on ebay .... must have been mistaken .

glad you are still pressing ahead with improovements ,youve made a cracking car .Im looking forward to seeing it at billing .

its just a shame your in the same concourse category as me, id really like to win a prize one day ;)

oreet dan, it did go up for sale for a few hours:) couldnt really part with it. as for the paint i put new wing and sunroof and doors needed repairs so

it was just easier to paint the lot. im hoping brakes will be fine on org cyl and servo. its getting tested today, :))) cant wait to get in and drivr the thing now its all sorted.....