Attention important post !!!!

lewis p

On 05/05/2023 at 16:14, Sutty2006 said:

Didn’t know you suggested that but it’s a good idea. The only problem I can see is there’s a lot of organisation going on for the show, and a lot goes into the AGM. Maybe they don’t want to burn themselves out doing two jobs in one weekend? It’s a good idea, but there’s always going to be a downside. Then the committee won’t want to spend all weekend doing official stuff when they’re there to enjoy themselves. 

I have suggested an omoc only show, later in the year….when all members can meet up and bring cars, camping stuff and beers….. a more relaxed social gathering spread between 4 locations (north south east and west….) could put the AGM in with that.

That was exactly the reason, there is a lot to organise at the National Meeting and having the AGM there too would be too much work with the limited number of people that help out. I seem to remember some of the committee saying that they would stand down if this happened as they wouldn't get a spare moment to themselves at Sywell. They are there to enjoy themselves too afterall......some people tend to forget that.

This was the reason that I started doing a general meeting for club members at the National Meeting when I was Chairman. This was far less formal than the AGM, and anything could be brought up and discussed or questions asked. I will mention it to Lewis and see if we can reinstate this as part of the National Meeting weekend.
To be honest, there is not much opportunity for discussion at an AGM as you have to stick to the Agenda, so having an extra meeting would be a good thing to do.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Irmscher Man said:

That was exactly the reason, there is a lot to organise at the National Meeting and having the AGM there too would be too much work with the limited number of people that help out. I seem to remember some of the committee saying that they would stand down if this happened as they wouldn't get a spare moment to themselves at Sywell. They are there to enjoy themselves too afterall......some people tend to forget that.

This was the reason that I started doing a general meeting for club members at the National Meeting when I was Chairman. This was far less formal than the AGM, and anything could be brought up and discussed or questions asked. I will mention it to Lewis and see if we can reinstate this as part of the National Meeting weekend.
To be honest, there is not much opportunity for discussion at an AGM as you have to stick to the Agenda, so having an extra meeting would be a good thing to do.

Reason why myself and I guess others did not attend last one is the issues getting into the meeting online. I will be honest my first thought it was that it was moved it cancelled rather than it been delayed, so a confidence thing.
Once the bugs are worked out and ppl can be confident the remote works, it will be easier for sure. There is absolutely no reason why majority can’t attend by video link, (other than it been quorum). 

Me and some mates used to run a modified car club. But we got onto some local companies like car valeting places, motor factors, garages etc. Even two local race tracks. Having built a good rapport with places we were able to secure member discounts provided the member had proof of membership.

Dunno if this helps but it's a thought maybe

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Brad1235 said:

Me and some mates used to run a modified car club. But we got onto some local companies like car valeting places, motor factors, garages etc. Even two local race tracks. Having built a good rapport with places we were able to secure member discounts provided the member had proof of membership.

Dunno if this helps but it's a thought maybe

Job opportunity for you there then dude! 

• Haha 2