Wanted, Manta Coupe (GTE or otherwise), or Ascona A /B series (Two door), or Kadett Coupe GTE (prefer original, or "built" one also considered)

911RS3.0

Hello, I'm looking for one of the above, to be probably my last classic car.  In the 80's and 90's I rallied Opel Kadett GTE's, and had both Manta B, and Ascona A & B road cars at the same time (including an A series 1900 SR Ascona Estate as a service barge for a period). The Mrs' also had 4 or 5 Kadett 1200 Coupe's, and a Manta 1.9 Berlina Coupe in period.

You may think I'm crackers with requesting such a wide variety of models, but having put "Want Ads" on all the other Opel Forums with no luck so far, I've decided that any of these models would suit, so I'm widening my search to see if that will be more successful.

I've had many desirable classic and sports cars since I gave up rallying in the 1990's, and latterly have decided that my Lotus Elan S3 is getting harder to get in and out of as I get older, so I want something more practical to spend my last ten years of toy car enjoyment in.

There are a few caveats :-

Must be a 1.9 or 2,0 or bigger.

A road car that's comfortable and reasonably quiet to suit the sort of journeys I do nowadays, which is more longer distance historic motorsport events & shows (CLM, Spa etc),

My preference would be a Kadett GTE (original or built), followed by an Ascona A or B series 2 door (I know I'm looking at hen's teeth here), 

Or a Manta B Coupe (GTE or otherwise)

Must be RHD,

Some mods not objected to (later red top engines included), but not particularly body mods.

Ascona / Manta 400 Reps considered as long as they're not rally prepared.

Standard, original cars also welcomed.

I have the cash for a top quality car, so I'm not looking for a car to rebuild / restore, I've done all that in the past, and want a good quality Opel that's already done to a high standard.

Will travel anywhere in this island for the right car.

Please contact me with what you have by email with all details at your convenience.

Many thanks

Steve

• 4 weeks later...