4 BRANCH MANIFOLD

ANDY ABBOTT

does anyone have or know of a 4 branch CIH manifold available ? I have a martelius one but it's LHD so won't clear in my car and don't want to start chopping it. I think the one I currently have fitted isn't fat enough and could be choking the car and contributing to the lack of power issues I've been having with my i240r 

Just seen this and thought what these engines are capable of ? 😲.  193bhp from a 1.9 

https://www.motorsportauctions.com/category/329/Historic-Rally-Cars/listings/46298/Opel-Kadett-Historic.html

On the 4 branch: GT Opel Source, not sure what the shipping would be.....

https://www.opelgtsource.com/search?utf8=✓&search=Exhaust

Edited by ®evo03
  • Thanks 1

Might be worth giving this guy a call, I know his hand-built manifolds will be for LHD but he appears to knows his stuff & would know whether the standard manifold is an issue at all under e.g. 150bhp. 
Alternatively, a road trip to Sweden would be fun too 😎

http://highspeedracing.se/Opel-CIH-2-0-2-4-Opel-Kitcar.htm

Google translates the page pretty well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ANDY ABBOTT said:

does anyone have or know of a 4 branch CIH manifold available ? I have a martelius one but it's LHD so won't clear in my car and don't want to start chopping it. I think the one I currently have fitted isn't fat enough and could be choking the car and contributing to the lack of power issues I've been having with my i240r 

Just make your own Andy, much easier and i would have had the car back on the road about 3 years earlier if i had just done this at the start 🙂

https://www.theopelproject.com/a-series-custom-manifold/

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Andy, newbie to the Club but an oldie regarding Mantas. You may be sorted now but if not try John Ashley performance exhausts in Walsall 

jaex.co.uk

Back in the day they manufactured a number of manifolds for the Manta and still have the jigs, they still list them on the website. I’ve recently bought the twin carb version and although they may not be as refined in finish as some others, they fit fine, I’m yet to fire up the engine10DF9F28-AB1F-4F7C-AA37-857D5A6876AD.thumb.jpeg.99b72d5fee206472e916e4b6ad5e7e29.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I fitted once (in the eighties) down drafts on a 2 litre engine on a Manta B, they came from a Rekord Sprint. Worked nice but had to remove the again cause I couldn't close the hood. Even without air filter they were way too high, so check this Paul.

Pic of the carb set (in a Sprint):

2du1n5x496791.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

• Like 1

On 16/09/2022 at 12:45, H-400 said:

I fitted once (in the eighties) down drafts on a 2 litre engine on a Manta B, they came from a Rekord Sprint. Worked nice but had to remove the again cause I couldn't close the hood. Even without air filter they were way too high, so check this Paul.

Pic of the carb set (in a Sprint):

2du1n5x496791.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Yes need to replace the carburettors with 38dgas more power, more jets available, more under bonnet room. 

On 15/09/2022 at 20:40, Metalbasher said:

Hi Andy, newbie to the Club but an oldie regarding Mantas. You may be sorted now but if not try John Ashley performance exhausts in Walsall 

jaex.co.uk

Back in the day they manufactured a number of manifolds for the Manta and still have the jigs, they still list them on the website. I’ve recently bought the twin carb version and although they may not be as refined in finish as some others, they fit fine, I’m yet to fire up the engine10DF9F28-AB1F-4F7C-AA37-857D5A6876AD.thumb.jpeg.99b72d5fee206472e916e4b6ad5e7e29.jpeg

Nice rare inlets. Only seen one set for sale a few years ago.