CYLINDER HEAD REPAIR ?

ANDY ABBOTT

Hi I'm looking for a company in the northwest that can repair a cracked CIH head. I have a fantastic head yhats had some very very nice port work done to it and huge valves etc... looks a real nice head but unfortunately after having it tested its cracked so need to find if it can be fixed or be a real Shame to scrap it. 

22 minutes ago, ANDY ABBOTT said:

Hi I'm looking for a company in the northwest that can repair a cracked CIH head. I have a fantastic head yhats had some very very nice port work done to it and huge valves etc... looks a real nice head but unfortunately after having it tested its cracked so need to find if it can be fixed or be a real Shame to scrap it. 

Hope you find someone Andy....would be a real shame to have to scrap it.....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheRealExile said:

Not sure if Derbyshire is too far Andy?

These guys seem to do all kinds of repairs. info@slinden.co.uk

https://www.castironweldingrepairs.co.uk/

@slinden.co.ukinfo@slinden.co.uk

Thanks for info I've had a lead on a local firm so will contact them tomorrow see what they say first 

Allards in Stoke would be able to repair it if you struggle. Happy for you to drop it off with me and I’ll take it in and collect it when done….. good excuse for me to check on my A series mini engine he’s had for a while now 🤣

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GTEPETE said:

Andy, can you put a photo up, or is not easy to see the crack?

I have had exhaust manifolds repaired years ago, but never a block or head...imagine technology has improved in recent years.... 

I can't remember exactly where it was cracked ot was a couple of years ago when it was tested 

16 hours ago, Sutty2006 said:

Allards in Stoke would be able to repair it if you struggle. Happy for you to drop it off with me and I’ll take it in and collect it when done….. good excuse for me to check on my A series mini engine he’s had for a while now 🤣

Thanks mate