Hi everyone! New A owner here,

Manta Bod

Hi I'm Bod (Simon).

Bought myself a Manta A a few weeks ago. It got a bit of an identity crisis ad its had some changes in its nearly 50 years of life, Deuxe/S/SR you can take your pick. At this stage I don't know what it's going to end up as either.

Anyway. Met a few lovely people at Vauxfest today,so I thought I'd get on here, pay my membership and say hello! Hope to meet some more of you too in the coming months and years.

Going to need plenty of advice and parts no doubt.

Speak soon, Bod

20220925_155254.jpg

Screenshot_20220820-183918_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220820-183902_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220820-183843_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220820-183825_eBay.jpg

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, 1200bandit said:

Welcome to the club.Very nice car is the much to do 

It's not too bad to be fair. A few spots of rust coming through which will no doubt become more than a spot when you start digging but overall pretty solid. A few trim bits and tidying up will be the order of the day over the next couple of years and enjoy it. Then maybe off the road for a little while and tackle the inevitably worsening bits.

6 minutes ago, 611 said:

Welcome to the club and good to see another A series.

Looks nice and has the SR gauges 🙂

I have a few parts links and workshop manual sections on my blog which might help you out and as Wayne says, you are in the right place if you need help with anything.

https://www.theopelproject.com/

Andy

Cheers Andy,

Yourself and others will no doubt be sources I will be pulling from. Just had a quick browse on your site and will definitely read in full later.

Look forward to seeing your little beauty in the flesh.

Bod

3 hours ago, Manta Bod said:

Cheers Andy,

Yourself and others will no doubt be sources I will be pulling from. Just had a quick browse on your site and will definitely read in full later.

Look forward to seeing your little beauty in the flesh.

Bod

Hi Simon

Hopefully you might find some useful info on the site. There are a few good places to get spares the the A series these days. The main thing you will find hard to get is the trim as no one remanufactures that yet and any NOS in German is very expensive! 

It would be great to meet up at one of the meetings next year.

Andy

On 25/09/2022 at 21:32, mantaray said:

Was looking at your  car today at Vauxfest, looks very tidy.  I was in the in the burt orange A.

Where are you based?  We have a monthly meet up in Leamington Spa if your not too far away.

I was hoping to get to you for a chat but the time flew and we were both busy at the wrong times.

Leamington Spa is just over an hour away from me (Milton Keynes). I couldn't do every month but would certainly come along every now and then.

7 hours ago, Manta Bod said:

I was hoping to get to you for a chat but the time flew and we were both busy at the wrong times.

Leamington Spa is just over an hour away from me (Milton Keynes). I couldn't do every month but would certainly come along every now and then.

Pop along we are a friendly group.  I travel from the Milton Keynes side of Northampton.  Takes me just under an hour.  It's worth the trip. 

• 1 month later...