Water in Boot Saloon

mepbowles

usually culprits are either.

leaking around window rubber into parcel shelf area and then down into boot.

leaking under window rubber due to a hole .usually lower corners.

boot lip seal.

rear lights.

fuel filler neck rubber.

if nothing obvious you need to get in the boot with a torch whilst someone waters the car. preferably with a watering can as pressure washer or just an ordinary hose can sometimes force water under a perfectly good boot lip seal.

• Like 1

Also check the boot hinges. I’ve got water getting into my (coupe) boot and fills the spare wheel well and on inspection have found the passenger side of the boot lid sits a little proud. The result is the boot seal ( new) doesn’t sit flush and so water gets in. 

Started a thread about this .

• Like 1

yeah coupe boots have the wierd hinges that bend easier than saloons. hard to get them right especially with a new seal.

obviously if the lid sits proud on the saloon too it can cause issues but less common. 

see what you find after you have been in the boot!.  

water in the boot ( or front footwells for that matter) in my experience usually are from window leaks.  if not then thats all the better.

mine has a new boot seal on and doesnt leak normally but can sometimes if you use a hose when washing. thought mine was still getting past the seal (and may well be) but also found a small hole under the lower rear screen rubber.

this only showed itself as a slight rust bubble,maybee the size of a matchhead but was actually a hole once therubber was lifted and poked