Spotted in South + West Wales - who are you all?!!

Dark blue 1800 Berlinetta seen in and around Llechryd?, Cardigan.

Primrose yellow Cav Coupe, seen in Cardigan last summer, original apart from GT/E front spoiler

Black Exclusive, seen parked near Penygroes, Cross Hands

Gold B series, was parked in a driveway near Cockett police station, Swansea and went flying in the opposite direction on the M4 towards Llanelli but it's now disappeared - where to?!

Black GT/E seen driving in Uplands, Swansea

Metallic Brown 16v(?) parked off the main road between Llandaff and Llantrisant but that's also disappeared

Brown Cav Sportshatch 1600 last heard of near Bargoed

76 Cav coupe - any takers?!, 79 SRB coupe - C20LET anyone?, 79 Cav saloon - 16v sleeper

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

who's got the grey metallic exclusive coupe in Swansea? looks like its been kerbed quite badly or similar. big chunks out of the alloys and a bent bottom wishbone on the front by the looks of it. i walk past it most days, lives a bit further down the road from my mate near the Swansea Institute. is it a club member or not?

if not i'll try and find out which house the guy lives in, it was driving around up until about christmas time. shame cos its a nice one, its just sitting there now.

1984 GT/E Coupe, 1978 Cavalier, 1972 Firenza. OMOC # 5875

Doubt it'll be a good idea, but any of the omoc organisers can request address details from the DVLA with the number plate of any manta seen out and about. Then send a leaflet with the offer of joining the club. This could be seen as the postage equivalent of spamming, but the DVLA will give anyones details to the likes of cowboy wheelclampers and private parking attendants, so I'm sure the offer of joining a club related to their car is nothing seedy. Probably better though, for the club to give a few small 'advert' leaflets to members who can then leave them under the wiper of any manta they see out and about.

I will be joining the omoc shortly, just waiting for my house move next weekend. Plus my Manta is now my only car and daily drive, so no excuse not to...I'm sure the members only area could do with a few dumb ideas like the one above from yours truly!

quote:Originally posted by Autoscum101

who's got the grey metallic exclusive coupe in Swansea? looks like its been kerbed quite badly or similar. big chunks out of the alloys and a bent bottom wishbone on the front by the looks of it. i walk past it most days, lives a bit further down the road from my mate near the Swansea Institute. is it a club member or not?

if not i'll try and find out which house the guy lives in, it was driving around up until about christmas time. shame cos its a nice one, its just sitting there now.

id="quote">id="quote">

think that is Dominic's, recently crashed it.

have fun

D.[}:)]

http://www.cymrumanta.co.uk

quote:. Probably better though, for the club to give a few small 'advert' leaflets to members who can then leave them under the wiper of any manta they see out and about.
id="quote">id="quote">

You can print membership application forms off from here, and leave those on cars. I usually try and carry a couple with me, although I've not left any on cars (never see the things!)

omoc 5660

Cambridge & The Fens Area Rep.

Didn't see another Manta for a while until an old friend I bumped into down town said (conversation shortend) 'Is that your Manta I parked next to, I remembered you were into them?'

'yes' I replied and talked about how excellent the condition was and that I was lucky to own it, thinking mine would be the only Manta in the small car park. I later found my old mates car was parked next to a badly rusted D-plate silver 1.8 away from my better conditioned example.[8)][:(][:o)][^]

A-reg Manta 1.8S Pride and joy driven daily

E908 FHO Tuned 1.8 exclusive - very regretfully scrapped

A723 ONM Manta GTE Auto - Totalled in nasty head on collision

• 2 months later...

Mint looking white Exclusive coupe heading for Pont Abraham on the M4 last Saturday. Dunno where it was coming from but it looked sweet [8D]

Silver 1981 B hatch in Brecon. Its almost very good but not quite! Its for sale too! Anyone interested email me and I'll give you the guys number

79 SRB coupe - anyone know what a B230FT is?, 79 Cav saloon - 16v sleeper, 198? GT/E hatch - building from a bare shell to factory spec

• 2 weeks later...

you may see a mint white gte coupe exclusive E703 AHR around Leominster to rhayader way somedays, if i see a manta i go mental and flash lights and peep horns etc, i may also be in a blue bmw if i see anybodys manta!

my manta may be for sale soon no room to keep it and cant afford to run 2 cars, need bmw for high mileage [:(]

The way forward is backwards ..88 manta gte exc coupe

• 1 month later...

White 400 kitted rally car seen in Cardigan today, reg no ybx930v. LOOOOUUUUUDD! Anyone?

79 SRB coupe - anyone know what a B230FT is?, 79 Cav saloon - 16v sleeper, 1986 GT/E hatch in red street camo colour scheme, 198? GT/E hatch - building from a bare shell to factory spec

Met a guy today with 15 Mantas, mainly 1800 hatches. He's owned his GT/E coupe for over 20 years but doesn't get a chance to drive it much. He also has 5 MGBs, 5 Metros, 4-5 Range Rovers, 4 steam engines, various other cars (20 to 30) and he builds his own agricultural machinery, tractors, mowers and the like. They're all on display on his field. If you're ever around Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, look up Trehowell garage and call in - I chatted for 4 hours today and it was still difficult to get away!

79 SRB coupe - anyone know what a B230FT is?, 79 Cav saloon - 16v sleeper, 1986 GT/E hatch in red street camo colour scheme, 198? GT/E hatch - building from a bare shell to factory spec

• 4 weeks later...

red B series coupe possibly with a black vinyl roof seen in Carmarthen today heading onto the bypass. It was coming from Lampeter way so may even have been my old Cav coupe with a respray.

• 3 weeks later...

mk1 Cavalier seen in Narberth. Could have been the one I saw in the Pencoed show but not 100%

Also Anthracite (yes Darren, another one [:D] ) coupe in a driveway. Looked very nice and in use. Dunno where that was - in the middle of nowhere [?]

1800 Excelusive hatch on a driveway. Being driven daily by the looks of it. Somewhere between Ludchurch and Tavernspite.

I'm good at this Manta spotting lark [8D]