Recaro seat base - am I missing something?

Nivlek2525

I'm installing the seat bases in my car. The seats aren't original obviously.  The carpet set is from a later GTE also. The carpets fit and the holes in the floor all line up so it looks like the early and late floor pans are the same. I've temporarily installed the bases but the back mounts don't look quite right. There's a sprung hook that doesn't appear to do anything useful and only catches the end of a lip. I was expecting it to catch the middle of the bracket.  There are plastic straps that I think the base sits on but appear to be too far forward so that the bases actually sit on the mounting bolts. I've taken some pictures and included a link. Everything was bagged up and labelled so I'm fairly sure I've got everything but does this look OK?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/A9koB5AB3LFiDo6d9

If anyone was able to take a couple of pictures and post them that would be great or just confirm what I have is right. 

many thanks.

K.

Edited by Nivlek2525
Typos

5D8x4lf.jpg

You'r just doing fine, that hook was always there with the Recaro seats, as on the other ones too. You need to replace the bolts by countersunk bolts. Remember when I noticed this hook the first time (long ago...) I had the same idea as you. Once that hook was usable when I fitted bucket seats on the Recaro frame.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Nivlek2525 said:

Many thanks Herman. That's brilliant. It just didn't look quite right. The countersunk bolts make sense.  It looks like I need some m6 and m8 countersunk bolts. I'll get them ordered as I don't have them to hand. 

Thanks again.

I’ve got spares of those fixings if you want them @Nivlek2525. Send me a pm with your address and I pop them in the post.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jonathan Pounsett said:

I’ve got spares of those fixings if you want them @Nivlek2525. Send me a pm with your address and I pop them in the post.

Morning Jonathan 

Really appreciate this kind offer but I ordered a couple of packs of bolts yesterday so I'm hoping they are OKwhen they arrive. If they don't look right when they get here I might take you up on that offer.

Many thanks again.

K.

• Like 1