Large scale long term clear out.

paulmanta

Hi,  I have been doing a bit of a clear out on some of my shipping containers and parts stashes and my conclusion is that I have too much stuff, way more parts than I could ever use in the rest of my lifetime and as such I am going to thin it all down a bit.

Its all been moved from the various locations I used to have to one new place, a big converted barn I have at my house so Its finally getting organised and the scrap is off to be turned into bean tins and the stuff I have lots of needs to be sold to new loving homes.

This is a long term thing as I sift through, I am quite up for the idea of doing Sywell again but this time actually organise myself and take pre-orders so club members can pick up from me on the day.

Posting out is hard for me because I work and run my own business and we are flat out busy all the time, this work is one of the other reasons I am selling much of my stock, i never seem to get time to touch my cars anymore and with 3 kids at home too its not getting easier anytime soon...

Once I start to do a list Ill post it here and probably take pics too. I'm also open to day-trippers at weekends if anyone is down in Cornwall and wants to visit for an hour or two and have a nose and a deal, weekends only for that for obvious reasons !

Meantime, reply in here and I ll keep my eye on it !

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, paulmanta said:

Hi,  I have been doing a bit of a clear out on some of my shipping containers and parts stashes and my conclusion is that I have too much stuff, way more parts than I could ever use in the rest of my lifetime and as such I am going to thin it all down a bit.

Its all been moved from the various locations I used to have to one new place, a big converted barn I have at my house so Its finally getting organised and the scrap is off to be turned into bean tins and the stuff I have lots of needs to be sold to new loving homes.

This is a long term thing as I sift through, I am quite up for the idea of doing Sywell again but this time actually organise myself and take pre-orders so club members can pick up from me on the day.

Posting out is hard for me because I work and run my own business and we are flat out busy all the time, this work is one of the other reasons I am selling much of my stock, i never seem to get time to touch my cars anymore and with 3 kids at home too its not getting easier anytime soon...

Once I start to do a list Ill post it here and probably take pics too. I'm also open to day-trippers at weekends if anyone is down in Cornwall and wants to visit for an hour or two and have a nose and a deal, weekends only for that for obvious reasons !

Meantime, reply in here and I ll keep my eye on it !

Paul your life sounds very much like mine including the 3 kids at home. I'm also crazy busy running multiple companies and just don't seem to get the time on the cars as much as I'd like to these days. I also have containers/45ft trailers and units full of parts that I'd like to thin out but just like you do not have the time to package and post and this makes it very difficult to sell stuff. 

• Like 1

Hi Steve,

I'm always amazed at how many people come to Cornwall on Holiday and pop in to see me ! its two or three a year.  

I think the Club should do a OMOC swapmeet, just us, and parts to sell/trade.

At this point id like to make it clear I'm not getting out or selling up, I just have way way more than I thought and its actually scary now its all in one place.

For example, I have 4 rear seat sets for a coupe, in a variety of colours and trims, some are only suitable for re-trimming but if anyone is having that done these would be perfect, the foam is good because its been out of the sun or any light for nearly 30 years and dry stored in a container.

I have a set of black plastic bumpers for a Manta B, with all 4 endcaps, plus lots of other rear bumpers for both hatch and coupe, standard and exclusive.

Monza Recaro seats, black/grey trim.  

Full Dolphin grey interior for a hatch.

That's just the tip of it. Panels, doors, so many doors.

Hi Andy,

The transport business is busy for us and I'm short staffed due to my office guy who is also my best mate from childhood getting cursed with cancer, I have taken on some new folk but now my Father is taking a back seat its all on me to keep al the plates spinning. 

Its hard to have a sale as I feel like I'm admitting defeat but I am keeping my White coupe and blue V8, so long as I have parts for all the usual trouble spots on those I'm happy.

The whole cancer thing has made me think its better to sell some of this stuff so it gets used and enjoyed and not left for someone else to clear up if anything happens to me !

• Like 4

Storage is a problem for sure. You need a bloody big lot of space for storing that much gear. I’m amazed how much I have collected of stuff I genuinely think I will need in the short time I have been back in opel ownership 🙈🤦‍♂️

That been said, can’t wait to see what you have available for me to decide I definitely need it 😂

17 minutes ago, lewis p said:

There are plans for vboa parts day this spring aswell.....

I see, that could well be something Id certainly be up for. It would need to be suitable for my big transit luton, like at Sywell.  I used to do the parts day at Coventry but it was a bit of a hassle to unload it all and carry it into the hall. bigger stuff was a backbreaker and I was almost 20 years younger !

• Like 3

I feel like parts hoarding expands to the space you have/can make available.

That said, if you have a 4 spoke steering wheel for a Cavalier and a half moon connector for. 6 dial dash, let me know. Possibly a steering column too.

I'll be down in Cornwall in August or hopefully Sywell.

Yeh, guilty hoarder here, went through stuff over lockdown and decided if I keep two of each part, can't really go wrong, that's as far as I got. Big pile, needs cleaned, photographed, lists prices etc

Something like a parts exchange, swaps, parts day etc. Post is a hassle, but once you get use to it, once a week isn't bad. 

Edited by ®evo03
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, ®evo03 said:

Yeh, guilty hoarder here, went through stuff over lockdown and decided if I keep two of each part, can't really go wrong, that's as far as I got. Big pile, needs cleaned, photographed, lists prices etc

Something like a parts exchange, swaps, parts day etc. Post is a hassle, but once you get use to it, once a week isn't bad. 

But swap day lol, We all know what will happen 😂😂

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mepbowles said:

I feel like parts hoarding expands to the space you have/can make available.

That said, if you have a 4 spoke steering wheel for a Cavalier and a half moon connector for. 6 dial dash, let me know. Possibly a steering column too.

I'll be down in Cornwall in August or hopefully Sywell.

Hi, I have a rear coupe seat in Black leather, Red faded cloth, GTE grey.  I do have steering column parts, I have enough parts to make at least three complete units, I do have a half moon connector in a scrap loom here.

You are more more than welcome to pop in when down, I will happily put the kettle on !

5 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

Selling on eBay etc is always easier when you make the effort to list alot. It builds a reason for someone to save you as a favourite seller to keep track of and the sales/profits on smaller items add up more quickly. Plus it uses up any saved packaging/cardboard more quickly.

Most people aren't in any rush with their cars so stating a 2-3 day dispatch time isn't a bad idea if the post office isn't local to you.

2 hours ago, paulmanta said:

Hi, I have a rear coupe seat in Black leather, Red faded cloth, GTE grey.  I do have steering column parts, I have enough parts to make at least three complete units, I do have a half moon connector in a scrap loom here.

You are more more than welcome to pop in when down, I will happily put the kettle on !

Definitely interested the half moon. If I don't see you at Sywell I'll be in touch before August for steering columns. Let me know if a 4 spoke wheel turns up :)

18 minutes ago, mepbowles said:

Selling on eBay etc is always easier when you make the effort to list alot. It builds a reason for someone to save you as a favourite seller to keep track of and the sales/profits on smaller items add up more quickly. Plus it uses up any saved packaging/cardboard more quickly.

Most people aren't in any rush with their cars so stating a 2-3 day dispatch time isn't a bad idea if the post office isn't local to you.

Definitely interested the half moon. If I don't see you at Sywell I'll be in touch before August for steering columns. Let me know if a 4 spoke wheel turns up :)

I always check the “sellers other items” on eBay. You often get a good deal for a bundle and it can make a long drive more attractive. 

3 hours ago, tnk228r said:

Hi fella do you have a heater fan connector plug on your scrap loom ta Mike 

Yes,  I am off up the barn tomorrow if all goes well and I will be digging out the dead looms for another member.

I have 5 pairs of GTE grey door arm rests !  found them today.

Have a look at the following pics and let me know if its what you guys are looking for.

Glass list is:

Front Bronze  X 3

Front Clear X 2

Front clear heated X 1

Rear heated coupe bronze X 5

A series Front clear X 1 Rear heated clear X 2

Hatch rear N/S Bronze X 1

Hatch rear O/S Bronze X 1

Coupe Rear N/S Bronze X 5

Coupe Rear N/S Green  X 0

Coupe Rear O/S Bronze X 3

Coupe Rear O/S Green X 2

Door glass N/S 1 X green 4 X bronze

Door Glass O/S  4 X bronze. 

connector to dash.jpg

dash area plugs.jpg

• Like 2

Just realised I didn't take a pic of the heater fan connector. I will do that tomorrow.

No joy with flywheel yet, I have one off my own Coupe with the clutch in the box I looked at today,  So I suspect they are on the pallet that's still at work, its a pallet of engine stuff, blocks and cranks etc so likely be on that.

Edited by paulmanta
  • Thanks 1