Large scale long term clear out.

paulmanta

23 hours ago, paulmanta said:

Have a look at the following pics and let me know if its what you guys are looking for.

Glass list is:

Front Bronze  X 3

Front Clear X 2

Front clear heated X 1

Rear heated coupe bronze X 5

A series Front clear X 1 Rear heated clear X 2

Hatch rear N/S Bronze X 1

Hatch rear O/S Bronze X 1

Coupe Rear N/S Bronze X 5

Coupe Rear N/S Green  X 0

Coupe Rear O/S Bronze X 3

Coupe Rear O/S Green X 2

Door glass N/S 1 X green 4 X bronze

Door Glass O/S  4 X bronze. 

connector to dash.jpg

dash area plugs.jpg

Yes, that half moon looks perfect. I had a slight wobble when I saw the full moon but I'm fairly sure it's just the half moon you need extra to upgrade to 6 dials from 3.

How much is the front clear heated screen and would it fit a MK1 CAV SALOON?

I'll drop you a PM 

Cheers,

Matt 

2 hours ago, mepbowles said:

Yes, that half moon looks perfect. I had a slight wobble when I saw the full moon but I'm fairly sure it's just the half moon you need extra to upgrade to 6 dials from 3.

How much is the front clear heated screen and would it fit a MK1 CAV SALOON?

I'll drop you a PM 

Cheers,

Matt 

I wont just send the plug and a short bit of wire, ill pick the loom apart and send you all of it and take a pic so you know where it goes into the loom so you can do it properly !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Anyone got an idea what this plug is for? 

Blue wires with green trace, continuity check shows that they're connected anyways....

Just trying to get fuel pump powered and I'm more or less done with the wiring at last

Sorry for the hijack just saw talk of looms here so chancing my arm lol 

20230208_184520.jpg

No sorry I've no other pics at hand, it's along the chassis let's say between the starter and alternator but that might just be the way the loom was folded up 

Washer bottle is working so it's not that, and no optional wipers so must not be too important lol 

23 hours ago, seanpren said:

No sorry I've no other pics at hand, it's along the chassis let's say between the starter and alternator but that might just be the way the loom was folded up 

Washer bottle is working so it's not that, and no optional wipers so must not be too important lol 

In that zone it might be for headlight wash wipe, would it reach the area around the drivers side radiator support ? 

Its not the oil pressure sender unit plug because that's up by the wipers and heater plug although that does us the same plug type.

On 28/01/2023 at 19:48, paulmanta said:

Hi,  I have been doing a bit of a clear out on some of my shipping containers and parts stashes and my conclusion is that I have too much stuff, way more parts than I could ever use in the rest of my lifetime and as such I am going to thin it all down a bit.

Its all been moved from the various locations I used to have to one new place, a big converted barn I have at my house so Its finally getting organised and the scrap is off to be turned into bean tins and the stuff I have lots of needs to be sold to new loving homes.

This is a long term thing as I sift through, I am quite up for the idea of doing Sywell again but this time actually organise myself and take pre-orders so club members can pick up from me on the day.

Posting out is hard for me because I work and run my own business and we are flat out busy all the time, this work is one of the other reasons I am selling much of my stock, i never seem to get time to touch my cars anymore and with 3 kids at home too its not getting easier anytime soon...

Once I start to do a list Ill post it here and probably take pics too. I'm also open to day-trippers at weekends if anyone is down in Cornwall and wants to visit for an hour or two and have a nose and a deal, weekends only for that for obvious reasons !

Meantime, reply in here and I ll keep my eye on it !

Hi I’m looking for a manta hatch tailgate with glass and a bonnet

thanks Simon

7 hours ago, Simon pugh said:

Hi I’m looking for a manta hatch tailgate with glass and a bonnet

thanks Simon

I have a bonnet, but no hatch tailgate and glass, but I think I know someone who may have a hatch with glass.

When i go up again tomorrow I will get the bonnets out and look, what sort of condition do you need, perfect, usable or cheap needs work ?

1 hour ago, Simon pugh said:

Hi did you manage to look for a bonnet

thanks Simon 

Hi,

I did.  I can report that I have three, a silver one that is incomplete having had some of the frame ribs behind removed, its got a good top skin but needs a frame from another to make a whole one. I have an immaculate blue bonnet, no rust or dents and only minor scuffing of paint from storage. And I have a red one, the red one is user quality, no major rust but has a couple of small holes in the skin that have been treated in the past, frame is good no warps or dents. very restorable.

If you have a bad bonnet with a good frame the silver one would be around £100, blue one is £450 as its so nice and the red one I would like around £350 for because its also nice but not as nice as the blue one.

Pics of red one, if you want pics of blue and silver just ask !

All the best

Paul.

bonnet1.jpg

bonnet2.jpg

bonnet3.jpg

bonnet4.jpg

Hi , thanks for getting back to me,

the silver one sounds good, could you send me a photo of the area where the frame is missing, most of my frame is good so could make do, regarding the tailgate I need you mentioned earlier you may know for one ?

thanks simon

1 hour ago, Simon pugh said:

Hi , thanks for getting back to me,

the silver one sounds good, could you send me a photo of the area where the frame is missing, most of my frame is good so could make do, regarding the tailgate I need you mentioned earlier you may know for one ?

thanks Simon

Hi,  I will try and get a few pics of the silver one tomorrow. Its been cut to repair another frame years ago, the top seems ok, a few dents but if you take the frame from one and put it in this one you could straighten much of this skin easily.  It would also give a good chance to bond the skin and frame to each other, they often unstick.

what's wrong with your current bonnet ?

• 1 month later...
On 05/04/2023 at 15:41, seanpren said:

By any chance have you a driver side interior door handle and also a passenger side seatbelt buckle? 

Hi, sorry, I didn't see this until now. What colour/trim type for the handle  ?  what size for the belt, the older large sort or later smaller one ?

I found a pallet of engines. 

Yes, I know. Its hard to lose a whole pallet of engines but I clearly have memory problems as well as too many hidey-holes !

Anyway. I seem to have a 2.4 bottom end  a fairly complete 2.2 and a 2.2 block and head with no crank or pistons.

The engines/engine parts would all be sold on the basis they need a full rebuild.

Not sure on price yet, can anyone advise me as to what would be a fair price for them ?  Either as a whole lot on the pallet or individually. I'm happy to edit this to stay in the rules once I have an idea but I really don't know !

Also have a 4 speed gearbox and bellhousing.

motors1.jpg

motors2.jpg

1 hour ago, 611 said:

I will clamber up in the loft tomorrow and have a look and let you know.

Andy

Oddly enough I did find one today, if you guys can sort it out though then that's fine, I haven't checked this thread as much as I should have and missed the request !