Not a manta, commodore A

Paul Barrett

2 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

Oh it was that far over it was scrubbing the sidewall ! Wow. 

I got my adjustable one from Australia, for Holden, but exactly the same thing. 

They are tight with the 80mm drop and the offset. 

pretty simple to make (with a lathe)

• 3 weeks later...

Some updates 

tore the column down to see why the horn didn’t work.

Somehow the contact ring was mullered! 
Found some brass sheet I had for shims. Sat on the sofa with some tin snips and diamond file and made a new one.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Whilst the steering wheel was off took the opportunity remove the top bearing. 

anthony drosos supplied me with a replacement. I will inject some additional grease as it’s seems very old.

also need to pinch some parts from A series colum I have, the small plastic signal cancelling levers are broke too. 

Edited by Paul Barrett
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, GTEPETE said:

No , no rush....I should be able to give you a measurement to centre of bend from end of the rod...ps I was looking at your rocker cover too....to shorten it for a 4 cylinder...

I think it would be easier to fill-weld up a 2,4 rocker cover and have it machined ‘OPEL’ far more available and probably less fabrication overall

This side of the water they are not so hard to find:

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-opel-gt-ventildeckel/k0

Remember I bought my valve cover together with a complete set of downdraft webers Opel Sprint carbs for 500 Belgian franks. Was long ago, think during one of the crusades😄. Is something as 12 Euro's... So I fitted those carbs on my Manta to notice I couldn't close the hood🤥...

Some nice rocker covers over here:

https://autoschade-peters.nl/kleppendeksels-2/

Check out the rest of this website 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 22/04/2023 at 10:25, H-400 said:

This side of the water they are not so hard to find:

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-opel-gt-ventildeckel/k0

Remember I bought my valve cover together with a complete set of downdraft webers Opel Sprint carbs for 500 Belgian franks. Was long ago, think during one of the crusades😄. Is something as 12 Euro's... So I fitted those carbs on my Manta to notice I couldn't close the hood🤥...

Some nice rocker covers over here:

https://autoschade-peters.nl/kleppendeksels-2/

Check out the rest of this website 👍

👍 not too bad cost wise. 

• 1 month later...

Not a huge amount to report on the commy. Took it to a local evening meet, started on the button covered in dust lol, but still a fair bit of interest in it. 

have picked up the what is most probably going to now be the future lump for it. 

another CIh. In 3.0 flavour but built for boost! 

in keeping still with the car but some more modern Injection and a lot more power

• Like 4