New member here

Hi , im from poland but live in south england, around surrey, and im a fabricator.  my story with the opel starts a looong time ago in my 20s , 1997. I bought my first car, which was an opel ascona 2 door. I loved this car so much, but i gave it to borrow for my dad, and he crashed it🤦‍♂️Btw hes ok🤣Time went by and I always thought to get some old school opel again and recently i found opel manta a rallye and of course i had to buy it. It was being stored for a few years  and now i began working on it. It definetly needs LOTS of welding and upgrades so im looking for some technical support, inspiration advice and motivation🤣 to make it road worthy! 

Many thanks

Dominik

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thanks all for the feedback,some people said i was born with angle grinder in one hand and welder in another🤣🤣👍😁there is only one thing which slows me down, finding the time😅😅 i will update soon with photos!😁thanks to my daughter whos writing this for me since grammar is a problem🤣 she gets too bored so I appreciate it

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi evo03 .I'd like to stay with the original look. red color with black stripes. slightly wider rims. engine change to red top. my engine is ok so for now it stays. lowered suspension. I don't know what to use yet. There is a lot of welding. everything rotten. but slowly moving forward.

Edited by Dominik Stchnij
  • Like 3

Welcome to the club 

I can tell you from experience this is a great place for advice and information. Lot of knowledgable people on here who are only too happy to help. 

ps Don’t forget to join the Facebook pages as well. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dominik Stchnij said:

hi Paul.  I see . thanks for that. I already bought, very poor only 1mm thickness. on ebay. So I made a new one with thicker sheet metal and reinforcing inserts. just need to install them. I will need jack points brakets. Not sure of what quality on ebay one😁

I have one A series jacking point, B series can be made to fit but are different. 

• Like 1