Opel manta b1 and b2 front end

mantageek88

I'm fixing a 1978 manta b. The car was hit in the front and I need to replace the whole front end of the car. I found the parts but they're from a later car. My car originally had the 2 slit front grille. The car that I'm sourcing the parts from has a 4 slit grille. That car is intended to be used with round headlights. It seems to me that everything should fit. I would just like to check with more experienced people before I buy the parts will I be able to fit the early style square headlights and the chrome bumper to the later manta b2 front end without issues? 

The front end my car came with:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/bkEAAOSwmJhiB6XW/s-l500.jpg

The front end I'm thinking of buying:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/Hq8AAOSwtZhiCeST/s-l1600.jpg

• Like 2

As Jess wrote, does fit. The square lights were original on the most Manta's. Check for the brackets of the front indicators, the very early B1's had those so you can drill them out and refit them in the new nose

• Like 1

Yes, seen it before, later car, 4 slots but with chrome bumpers, sorry can't find photo, but looked like this, but with original 4 split grill. The later car with early styling mods. 

images (2).jpeg

I also like this, 

manta-b-zelezniki-1-388x220.jpg

Early car, with later body kit. 

Some styling mods help, the blacked out section. 

If smart enough, section could be cut out for early indicators in place. 

Or early type indicators can be removed and bracket remains in place to allow fitting later type body kit front spoiler. 

I swap between cavalier chrome bumpers and later type body kit. Cavalier mk1 bumpers have no overriders. 

Early type wings have one hole for bumper fixing later type have two. 

Edited by ®evo03
  • Like 2

Thanks for the replys guys, bought the parts💪🏼. Can't wait to put her on the road again!  

On 08/02/2023 at 22:15, ®evo03 said:

Yes, seen it before, later car, 4 slots but with chrome bumpers, sorry can't find photo, but looked like this, but with original 4 split grill. The later car with early styling mods. 

images (2).jpeg

I also like this, 

manta-b-zelezniki-1-388x220.jpg

Early car, with later body kit. 

Some styling mods help, the blacked out section. 

If smart enough, section could be cut out for early indicators in place. 

Or early type indicators can be removed and bracket remains in place to allow fitting later type body kit front spoiler. 

I swap between cavalier chrome bumpers and later type body kit. Cavalier mk1 bumpers have no overriders. 

Early type wings have one hole for bumper fixing later type have two. 

I'm loving the look of that maroon coloured manta😍