Manta A front anti roll bar

martin mtc

The end of the rollbar are splined and from what i remember from when i did mine get pulled into the bush when you tighten the bolt up from the front of the lower arm.

Those end ones don't look like the original ones fitted either?

Think i have a spare new one i can take a pic of if needed.

Andyspacer.png

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys , I gave it a bit of a hit without any heat , I will try again tomorrow with some heat.

The other bush I have is also too small in diameter ( bought from DR. Manta )  Anti roll bar is Ø22mm and the bushes are Ø17mm , are these just a tight fit once the ends are off , so I can slide them on ?

30 minutes ago, martin mtc said:

Thanks guys , I gave it a bit of a hit without any heat , I will try again tomorrow with some heat.

The other bush I have is also too small in diameter ( bought from DR. Manta )  Anti roll bar is Ø22mm and the bushes are Ø17mm , are these just a tight fit once the ends are off , so I can slide them on ?

They slide on but are very tight. As Paul says, warm them up and use some nice silicon grease until they get closer to where they need to be and then force them into the right place.

They are supposed to be tight so you don't get movement on the anti-roll bar, but it makes them a bit of a bugger to get on.

Those ends do come off you just need a bit of time and patience, like most things Manta related 🙂

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, martin mtc said:

I need help with some front anti roll bar bushes and some rear anti roll bar bushes. 

Non in Germany ( Dr Manta) and TJ Motorsport. 

20230316_112153.jpg

20230316_112223.jpg

You might struggle on those front ones.

https://atz-online.com/p/opel-mantaascona-a-lagerbuchse-an-lenker-untenstabiaufnahme/

https://www.opelgtsource.com/search/3094/details

The rear you should be able to get here.

https://www.o-t-r.de/produkt-kategorie/ascona-manta-a/hinterachse-ascona-manta-a-2/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Paul Barrett said:

I agree andy, for a road car. Unless you can get a very soft shore rating of poly. 
move a mix of poly and standard. Just about ok.

Try 

www.ysn.de

Do you think if that one was poly and not flexible that it would put a strain on other parts like those supporting roll bar bushes as it needs a bit of flex in it. I ran with the poly on the upper and lower arms but kept with rubber for the anti roll bar.

Edited by 611

44 minutes ago, Paul Barrett said:

I don’t think it would cause much damage but rather be a horrible ride. 

I’ve ran full Polly on a track car in my early twenties and it was awful on the road, rattles like hell everywhere lol.but fantastic on track 

Mine is pretty hard with the setup i have. Mine you the council only repair the roads to be fit for the big off road things these days!

When i finally get the little yellow car up and running this year, that is harsh as that is full Polly with Koni spring, shocks and lowered!

Edited by 611
  • Like 1

On 17/03/2023 at 20:52, 611 said:

Do you think if that one was poly and not flexible that it would put a strain on other parts like those supporting roll bar bushes as it needs a bit of flex in it. I ran with the poly on the upper and lower arms but kept with rubber for the anti roll bar.

My friend can make it the same shore hardness as the originals , we just need a diagram with sizes to make the tooling .