New Here (Howdy Y'all!)

74TXManta

Hey everybody,

A little bit about me and my Manta:

I am currently restoring a 1974 Manta Luxus here in Fort Worth, Texas. The original owner was a lawyer in Arlington, Texas, and it was his first car. My late father mowed lawns the summer he turned 16 to buy the car off the original owner.

Since my father passed, it's now mine and boy is it a project. I'm in my mid 20's and I have mechanical know-how, but resources often seem scarce and I'm hoping this forum can be of some use to help me as I encounter issues or seek solutions. This week, I dropped the fuel tank for cleaning, put in a new battery, cleaned out the interior, and started removing exterior parts such as wiper blades, lighting assemblies, etc. The electrics work, but I am having some issues with certain functions. I'll add pictures to this thread once I get the chance. Looking forward to digging through the forum and finding helpful tips, and following along with others.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 74TXManta said:

Hey everybody,

A little bit about me and my Manta:

I am currently restoring a 1974 Manta Luxus here in Fort Worth, Texas. The original owner was a lawyer in Arlington, Texas, and it was his first car. My late father mowed lawns the summer he turned 16 to buy the car off the original owner.

Since my father passed, it's now mine and boy is it a project. I'm in my mid 20's and I have mechanical know-how, but resources often seem scarce and I'm hoping this forum can be of some use to help me as I encounter issues or seek solutions. This week, I dropped the fuel tank for cleaning, put in a new battery, cleaned out the interior, and started removing exterior parts such as wiper blades, lighting assemblies, etc. The electrics work, but I am having some issues with certain functions. I'll add pictures to this thread once I get the chance. Looking forward to digging through the forum and finding helpful tips, and following along with others.

Welcome mate 🍻 looking forward to seeing what your getting on with the A when you have time 

Welcome along our American cousin. Get some pictures up for us! I have a huge lust for American cars, having owned an 89 grand marquis and really regret selling it. One day I’ll have a later crown vic or when I hit my midlife crisis I’ll buy an f250 with a power stroke diesel motor. Who knows. Oh and country music is great. I should really emigrate……. 

• Like 1

Hey, nice to see another A series owner.

Opel GT source over on your side have a fair few parts that fit the A series as quite a bit used on the GT is the same as the A series mechanical wise.

I have a little blog that might help out with A series related things like links and workshop sections etc..., so hopefully it will be of some use to you as you go through your A series restoration journey.

https://www.theopelproject.com/

Looking foreword to some pics of the A

Andy