Petrol Gauge not working on Manta GTE 1983/ Based in London

notnef

The mechanic who checked this, after he grounded the wire on the tank and the gauge went up to full, says that I will probably need a Petrol Gauge Unit. Where can I source this.? Also   I do need a Top Radiator Hose and Water Pump to thermostat housing := again any tips where these can be sourced from

Posted (edited)

got mine working again bend back the four taps just enough to get it apart use 2000 grade paper gently on the sweeper plate course on the pivot tips,spring ends and casing where these contact these are the earth for the circuit good luck.IMG_20190706_144034.jpg

Edited by hoobby
  • Like 1

if its on a hatch then chances are it will be the sender unit earth lead. they originally are a spade lug but break off. there is usually a small bit of if left to solder to ( pretty sure the hatch senders dont have bolts of you could have used one for a lug). or if you are realy lucky the lug may still be thee and just need cleaning up and new spade

and obviously you dont want ti be soldering the sender unit whilst its still in place !