Manta A Muscle car

opel2000

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I climber under it and noticed the middle bearig in the axle (where the popshaft fits) is shot. I had a look on dr manta's site and he has a centre bearing inside rubber mount and a rubber mount centre bearing.

Do I need to order both or does the rubber one have the bearing inside it?

quote:Originally posted by PeteM

looks great. I'd be inclined to decrome it, if possible.

id="quote">id="quote">

Are you spying on me??? Thats the reason that there isn't a front bumper on at the moment. I am removing the bumper bolts and then I'm going to paint them to match the car.

Now I've lowered the car I can't get it off the drive [:D][:D][:D] so I'm going to go to B&Q now and get some slabs to help raise it over the edge of the drive.

• 2 weeks later...

looking well, you cant remove the B pillar though as the later cars with the B post only had an inner and outer sill, the early A's with no B post had a 3rd sill fitted to strengthen the car.

The B post aint that visable on the A anyways

http://www.mantamagic.com

OMOC N,Ireland Rep

id="blue">

V8banner.jpg

OMOC 5706

Please dont shoot me it,s only an opinion not a demand

Email robbie @ mantamagic.com (without the spaces)

That was my point Paul its only a narrow B post on the car which I think is there also if the bonnet is the correct one its the later type A and not an early model

OMOC N,Ireland Rep

id="blue">

V8banner.jpg

OMOC 5706

The car is a '72 model, although i reckon the bonnet might be different as it had been resprayed (over lots of rot and filler of course) when i got it.

Car is driving well now, but still needs a few jobs like new front brake discs, new headling, get speedo working, paintjob etc

I was thinking of selling this when my race car is done but after driving it around I am having so much fun I reckon I'll sell my astra instead and keep this as my daily driver. Gonna have to fit a heater though [:D]

If the car is a 72 model it has no B post, they didnt make A series cars with a B post to arround march 73. bonnet is prob of a later car as the pre 73 ones had the washer jet mounted on the heater box and it come through the round hole in the bonnet. later models had twin washers fixed to the bonnet itself.

OMOC N,Ireland Rep

id="blue">

V8banner.jpg

OMOC 5706

• 1 month later...

having some right grief with this car at the moment. the indicators and hazards have decided to pack up which means i cant drive it

trying to get hold of a new relay to see if that cures it, otherwise it might be the switch unit. (if anyone has one mail me asap) - thanks

also having problems with the rev counter, but will hopefully have another one at the weekend.

Thanks - hopefully it will get painted soon and if paulmanta succeeds get a new grill for the car. Then its just stuff to tidy it like headlining, chrome rocker cover, heatshield etc etc

In keeping with the early muscle car theme I have also been looking at stereos. I don't think these old cars look right with a modern stereo in them. When I was in Cali I went to classic industries. They do a stereo that looks like an original camaro one, but controls a cd multichanger - cool!

• 10 months later...

Finally got my car back from my mates. I think the colour is great. got a few jobs to do like black out the panel behind the grill etc.

what ya reckon??

mantaa09_05_08001.jpg

mantaa09_05_08002.jpg

mantaa09_05_08003.jpg

mantaa09_05_08004.jpg

Gonna be a shame to sell it, but it will have to go in a few months when my other project is running