+++++ 1979 16v Cavalier - ENGINE FOR SALE ++++++

d818anr

with16v008.jpg

with16v007.jpg

f5275a8a.jpg

54699e80.jpg

Lowered with spax springs and dampers, Brembo front brakes, 15" BBS alloys, rebuilt engine with ARP bolts, powercap and Ashley manifold, sprayed Porsche Guards Red, Recaro interior, leccy windows.

Its not quite done, but its getting there! Aiming to be ready by March to make way for another new project!

79 SRB coupe - anyone know what a B230FT is?, 79 Cav saloon - 16v sleeper, '79 Sportshatch - soon to be my shopping car

That is sweet, I love the idea of something unusual with the power to upset a few people, Good one!!

It's pretty much like mine, Mk1 Cavalier, red, 16 in it........ 16 Hundred that is..[:D]

Nice work, look forward to seeing it for real

Mick

OMOC 5924

middle_lane_shot.jpg

1980 Black Berlinetta Coupe, 2.0 SRI Project

1984 Silver GT/E Coupe, Road Rally Car

1980 Cavalier 1600 GL, Slammed Retro Cruiser

• 2 months later...

100_0887.jpg

100_0881.jpg

Indicators tinted using tights - cheap and undoable

100_0875.jpg

Cheers Clive [:D]

100_0870.jpg

#Notice the Calibra airbox masquerading as a heater box

79 SRB coupe - anyone know what a B230FT is?, 79 Cav saloon - 16v sleeper, 198? GT/E hatch - building from a bare shell to factory spec

Twas a bit late last night so excuse short message.

Car is looking very nice, some pdc kick panels in there I note thanks Chris.

One thing that bugs me (so please excuse my criticism) is the missing centre caps off of the wheels. I just keep getting my eyes drawn to the untidy wheel centres, sorry mate, but rest of the car looks absolutely spot on.

http://www.customsolutions.me.uk

Looks like meat is back on the menu boys

quote:Originally posted by opel2000

Twas a bit late last night so excuse short message.

Car is looking very nice, some pdc kick panels in there I note thanks Chris.

One thing that bugs me (so please excuse my criticism) is the missing centre caps off of the wheels. I just keep getting my eyes drawn to the untidy wheel centres, sorry mate, but rest of the car looks absolutely spot on.

http://www.customsolutions.me.uk

Looks like meat is back on the menu boys

id="quote">id="quote">

my thoughts exactly [:)]

Pete M

OMOC 5885

MantaBB.jpg

'tis a beauty Chris, a credit to you mate. i think the wheels look fine as they are, centre caps can sometimes look a bit naff anyway. either way its a very minor criticism of an otherwise superb car. is it ready for the meet tomorrow??

1984 GT/E Coupe, 1972 Firenza., Mk1 Cavvy gone OMOC # 5875

Its a sorry tale about the centre caps and an issue which I have to agree with you all on. I had a full set but some bugger nicked them, and after seeing a single cap go on eBay for over £40 I thought I could do without them for a while [:)] When (if) I find a cheap set I'll drill and lock wire them on so they won't come off without a fight.

Its still not running - I've obviously had to run new plumbing and wiring and I've spent so much on hoses this week I'm totally skint so can't afford the last few little jobs [:(] I'm pretty gutted but I s'pose that's life.

79 SRB coupe - anyone know what a B230FT is?, 79 Cav saloon - 16v sleeper, 198? GT/E hatch - building from a bare shell to factory spec

• 5 weeks later...

What a bonnie motor 5*****, It`s almost identical in looks to mine,same colour except mine is a hatch wearing minilites, always prefered the sports lip to the manta bumper/spoiler.

I will get around to posting photo`s of mine when I learn to download from camera to pc.

Sorry to see the Lucas square eights havn`t made it to the finished item, I think they match up well with the headlights. Nice touch with the flashers,what have you done with the rear?

I know what you mean about spending out My one seems like its taking forever to finish,but hope its all worth it,a trip to MV auto`s rolling road will be the proof !!

Cheers,Colin.[:o)]

Quote me happy,It`s a Sportshatch

I liked the fogs but when I painted the front panel black and tinted the lights they didn't look right. The lights are tinted with ladies tights (not mine). The rears are tinted the same way so there's just a strip of black on the rear panel with the chrome vauxhall letters. I've just gotta find an alternator big enough to power everything and it should be off for a tune up and its first MOT with a valver in! [:D]

79 SRB coupe - anyone know what a B230FT is?, 79 Cav saloon - 16v sleeper, 1986 GT/E hatch in red street camo colour scheme, 198? GT/E hatch - building from a bare shell to factory spec

A lot of chopping and fibreglass! I've now got a Powercap which will look a damn site better.

79 SRB coupe - anyone know what a B230FT is?, 79 Cav saloon - 16v sleeper, 1986 GT/E hatch in red street camo colour scheme, 198? GT/E hatch - building from a bare shell to factory spec

quote:Originally posted by mantaraver

Can I just ask how you modified the sfi box to fit under the bonnet. It looks like ya had some fun with a blowtorch [:D]. Might just do something similer to mine.

id="quote">id="quote">

You don't need to modify that airbox AT ALL if you sit the engine onto 3ltr Crapri rubber engine mounts rather than the normal item. Clears the crossmember perfectly too.

Carlos[:D]

1984 "C" Coupe Red Top 16v - B623RWW

&

Cavalier Sportshatch RJU 943W

Plus the daily drivers!

OMOC Member#5937

B623Rww%20.jpgrju943w%20front.jpgrju%20943w%20rear.jpghxi909.jpgpf05wdg.jpg

100_0883.jpg

I've just tinted the front indicators and rear lights. Looks better in the flesh than in the pics

Hi,

Looks well at the back too and suits the abscence of the chrome trims round the lights,have you built the rear fog into one of the reverse lights? BTW what the feck is this "powercap" I keep reading about, I obviously need to get out more (or just out from underneath the Sportshatch)LOL.

Keep it up, Cheers,Colin.[:o)]