A series project.

paulmanta

Is that the one that went on ebay for about £300? Bargain.......

Carl[:D]

1984 GTE Coupe 2.0XE16v - B623RWW - currently being reshelled...

1996 BMW 328i Touring Alpina Cosmetics Hartge Power - Parts Chaser/Manta Tower/Daily Driver

OMOC Member#5937

E-Mail Me - mrcarlos@mantagte.co.uk

Into MySpace? Check me out......

http://www.myspace.com/mrcarlos01

b623rwwnewshell1.jpgb623rwwnewshell2.jpgn516arx1.jpgn516arx2.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£295 to be precise.

I still cannot beleive i got it for that price, my max bid was way higher than that.

Mind you getting down to Cornwall from Yorkshire was nearly £100.

Anyway its sorted the engine dilemma for the A series out, and i can still put a 2.4 in my coupe to replace the 2.2 with no oil pressure and have a fully re-conned 2.2 spare !!

xrffrontpluswheel.jpg

There is a lambada sensor in the manifold but Roy has just bought the whole manifold including sensor off me, as far as i know he does not need the sensor so you may like to talk to him, he would probably part with it, i left it in so there was no hole !

xrffrontpluswheel.jpg

Dont think so, that would have been an even better deal.

I stripped all the 2.4 frontera stuff off it today clutch, flywheel etc, got it down to a bare block and head, going to fit the new sump i got off OCP and start to put the 2.2 inlet and exhaust on it soon, once its re-painted in black.

It is going to be odd having to run an engine in.

xrffrontpluswheel.jpg

last one i did I drilled the engine block out where the dimple is in the casting and put a short bit of tube in by interferance fit, it looked exactly like the standard 2 litre hole and used a 2 litre dipstick.

probably do exactly the same again.

The nice thing is that when i drill the hole i will already have the sump off to swop it over to the new one so no swarf danger. i had a problem the first time i did one as the sump was already on and engine fitted before i noticed the didpstick had no home, used a hoover and drilled the hole almost through the casting, going up in sizes till it was right, then with the motor full of the old oil i drilled through still using the hoover to suck swarf up. then i dropped the oil out and replaced it, put a magnet on the side of the sump for good measure and did without a tube for the dipstick, i had a good tight fit to the rubber seal so it didnt leak which was nice.

xrffrontpluswheel.jpg

• 3 months later...

Right, done some bits to this one again after a bit of a break due to work/lack of time and getting side tracked by a big rumbly V8.

Its off the ramp and is out of the small garage and is in the new workshop, i have removed all the bits and bobs in boxes that i put in it during my last tidy up and have pulled my finger out and have actually contacted the lads who are coming to paint it with me (many hands=light work) besides if i touch paint it will curdle and fall off, i cannot master that black art at all, The lads coming are mates from a crash repair shop local to me who are excellent painters and they quite like old interesting stuff.

The 2.4 engine is done, on the stand all painted, detailed, polished, fitted up ready to put in the car as soon as the engine bay is painted which will be starting over the next day or so.

I will get it done i will get it done.....

V8slanty.jpg

"Looking out at the road rushing under my wheels"

• 10 months later...

I really need to clone myself.

I have the A back on the ramp again and have cut the trans tunnel out to clear the big BMW dog leg box after the trial fitting of the motor and box showed that it, well, doesnt fit. not at all. the box is too wide, tall, mounts in the wrong place.

halfway through this mission now and its coming on.

I stripped and rebushed the front crossmember today and have got some nice ATE calipers from an sri cavvy, need a seal kit for them and then i will fit those and get the motor back in for another trial fit to see where i missed.

If anyone wants a weekend away and you can spanner/weld then come on down, you might not be allowed to leave though !