A Series...Work starts

Robbie

Started stripping the A series this afternoon ready for it's transformation.

Not too bad so far....

100_0106.jpg

100_0105.jpg

100_0104.jpg

100_0103.jpg

100_0102.jpg

Worst bit was the passenger side bulkhead/shelf. Under the rubber sound proofing it was starting to rot. Mainly surface but some pin holes.

Will continue with the strip down tomorrow..

Aseries.jpgPhoto-0001.jpgNewalloys2.jpg000_0260.jpgf480e2ae.jpg

That soundproofing snowy is a place they rot under it , Also have a look up under your dash a both sides I would guess you will see a band of rust, The join from the inner wing to the engine bay on both sides looks rusty once u peal the sealer of it you will see more, Car does look really well inside with the carpet lifed the unforunate thing is you cant see all the eveil rust untilto remove the sound deading.

A lot of people look at the floor the way yours is and say thats good and dont go any futher, not the best plan [:(]

My new project needs a lot more at the moment, I,ll get some more pics up over the weekend of what I find [B)]

http://www.mantamagic.com

OMOC N,Ireland Rep

id="blue">

V8banner.jpg

OMOC 5706

The sound proofing is probally a personal thing but I would rather leave it of as any future rust can be spotted right away, all that nice form around the tunnel can stay put as they hardly ever rust there [^]

That does look like a rather cracking A series so far, hopefully not to much rust to contend with.

http://www.mantamagic.com

OMOC N,Ireland Rep

id="blue">

V8banner.jpg

OMOC 5706