v8 manta a

yeah i will be cutting out trans tunnel and bulkhead or even floor aswell then box section chassis unsure which way to go yet.

rear lights are stamped 09.26.74 if this helps.

NEW PROJECT :1974 Manta a series with 350cu-in V8.

AS LONG AS YOU AREN'T LOOKING OUT OF THE BACK WINDOW THEN YOUR HAVING FUN!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd chop the lot out, buy a rear 4 bar set up (with frame) from hauser racing (or fromt the states if you want it cheaper) and then build the front section yourself out of box section. You can then fit a strut front end which will give you a hell of a lot more room for your engine / headers etc.

yeah i have seen the rear 1/2 kit but how do you tie it in to the standard sheel if i wanted to just back half it??

does any one know of a series manta that runs a box section chassis?

I am building one, not much Manta floor pan left though. Its not as easy as seems, the whole car needs to be planned. For example, the chassis really needs to be completely designed and drawn up before you even touch the car.

Suffolk County Mantas. Engine conversions,Customs,

Full restorations, paintwork. http://www.suffolkcountymantas.co.uk

2zoj21g

pics help thanks simon - that looks the dogs boll***s! thats the way i thimk i should go if i can find out more info on design,ataching body,ect,ect.although i will be using a solid axle narrowed and if i did a seperate chassis i think i'd go with wider rear tyres/wheels.i see that you have a link to your own business but are quite away from me would you supply me with a set of plans for chassis that you have designed which i could slightly alter to my suspension and axle set-ups for a set cost???? as i think if i had you make me a chassis then have it transported it would be too expensive for me but as a business deal i would pay on or off the books for plans and i would not reproduce your design for gain by selling to others.just want to build my manta as best i can for the best price i can.those wheels look fantasic thats going be one cool manta.cheers shaun

Hello!

really really sorry to breake in too this topic... just dont know whereelse too write it.!!

Simon P - Do you have pictures from the finished car with those wheels?...

just brought 6x4 and 8x6 sheds and now stripped manta and filled sheds with parts.now starts the project which i can only get week ends to work on it this may take some time.manta2007_0303015.jpg

manta2007_0303014.jpg

manta2007_0303013.jpg

manta2007_0303012.jpg

manta2007_0303005.jpg

manta2007_0303004.jpg

manta2007_0303002.jpg

manta2007_0303001.jpg

• 2 months later...

i have deleted my email address that was for manta400r so couldn't work out how to get into forum.so i have started a new id - manta350 v8.

manta is all welded on drivers side now -pics to follow.

HELP / ADVISE NEEDED -IS IT POSSIBLE TO REMOVE THE B-PILLAR SECTION THAT HOLDS THE TOP SEAT BELT ANCHOR AND LEAVE IT OUT FOR EVER?? OR DOES IT HOLD ROOF UP / CARRY WEIGHT OF ROOF??? WOULD THIS AFFECT SHELL STRENGTH??? AS 5.7 V8 ENGINE IS BEING USED??

CHEERS SHAUN

HI FINALLY GOT TIME OVER THE LAST 2 MONTHS TO GET SOME WORK DONE.

ALL OF ROT OR SCUFFY LOOKING PANELS CUT OUT AND NEW PANELS WELDED IN.ALL REPAIR HAVE BEEN FITTED FLUSH EITHER NEW PANELS FROM DR.MANTA OR MADE BY MYSELF.

manta2007_0331003.jpg

manta2007_0331002.jpg

manta2007_0331001.jpg

manta2006_0101001.jpg

manta2006_0101002.jpg

manta2007_0508001.jpg

manta2007_0508005.jpg

manta2007_0508002.jpg

manta2007_0508003.jpg

manta2007_0508004.jpg

NEW LOWER REAR 1/4 CORNER,OUTER REAR ARCH,REPAIRED INNER REAR ARCH,REPAIRED INNER SILL,NEW FULL OUTERSILL,REPAIRED INNERWING,REPAIR WING MOUNT RAIL,REPAIRED INNERWING AT FRONT,REPAIRED HEADLAMP PANEL,CUT FLOOR OUT TO GET RID OF COBBLED JACKING BOX,REPAIRED FLOOR,NEW JACKING BOX.ALL AREAS HAVE BEEN ACID TREATED THEN ZINC ETCH PRIMED,SEALED AND PAINTED.JUST NEED TO GRIND WELDS AND PREP THEN DO THE OTHERSIDE.[:D]

manta a series 350cu in v8. astra mk2 gte 16v. astra g/mk4 sri.

got the inner wing brace on now thanks to mark for the parts and super fast post.

flushed the pillar vent now just needs a very thin skim of filler.

manta2007_0519002.jpg

manta2007_0519001.jpg

manta2007_0519004.jpg

manta2007_0519005.jpg

just need to do the other side now but holiday next week and i'm trying to sell my car so i can replace it with a daily driver manta if i can find one cheap enough.

cheers simon / robbie.

yeah i have had engine in the bay just to see what will need modifying.fits between the chassis rails and if i move it back 4" the engine mounts are in line with the x-member.only problem is water pump sticks out with pulley on to inside radiator mounting area.so need to think of away to move rad forward? oh yeah and distributor at the rear so timing will be fun.[:D]

yeah all repair panels have that have been made have been "frenched" and where repair panels have been used the old panels have been removed complete so that repair panels are flush plus fitting repair panels over old ones increases panel size and aids rust transfer to new metal. rear lights are not frenched just fitted from behind back panel in stardard place and the lights i will use mount that way from the factory in the standard car they are from.going for the factory modified look,so people who don't know the a series think its standard.

FOR SALE ASTRA GTE 16v MK2 / WANTED MANTA COUPE OR MANTA A ONCE ASTRA SOLD OR SWAP.DON'T MIND A BIT OF WORK (only abit as a series is taking all spare time)BUT NEEDS TO ROAD WORTHY FOR DAILY DRIVER.

me too - loving the rear lights.

i want some!!!

now!

(ps - hi paul h - you may remember me buying bumpers from you in abigdon years ago for my V8 A)

always liked the rear lights of barracuda...... but not gm.

corvette rear lights are the closest to these 'cuda lights.

1973plymouthbarracuda.jpg

SOLD-ASTRA GTE 16v MK2 / WANTED MANTA COUPE OR MANTA A DON'T MIND A BIT OF WORK (only abit as a series is taking all spare time)BUT NEEDS TO ROAD WORTHY FOR DAILY DRIVER.

• 4 months later...

hi i have no choice but to sell manta a as a part done project which comes with all repair panels to complete,all running gear and front seats missing but everything else is boxed up and comes with the car.

also for sale

350cu in 5.7 litre pontiac v8 small block engine with th350 autobox.

various garage equipment all new at start of project very little use.

items will be on ebay unless someone wants make me offer.

no time due to work and moving to new house with small garage.

manta a series 350cu in v8 project.

manta gte coupe - daily driver.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

id="size4">id="blue">HI MY A-SERIES HAS GONE TO ITS NEW HOME TONIGHT AND MY GTE IS BEING COLLECTED TOMORROW TO GOTO IRELAND.

[:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(]

SO NO MORE MANTAS IT WILL BE VERY STRANGE TO BE WITHOUT A MANTA ON THE ROAD AND ATLEAST ONE IN THE GARAGE EITHER RALLY CAR OR RESTRO,

10 YEARS,1 A-SERIES,8 MANTA GTE,1 400R,3 KADETT C COUPES AND A HS CHEVETTE - WILL LIFE BE THE SAME?

ANYWAY THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HAVE GIVEN ADVISE , HELP AND PARTS TO HELP MY OPEL ADDICTION OVER THE PAST 10 YEARS.GREAT BUNCH AND FANSTATIC WEB SITE.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL WITH ON GOING PROJECTS.

SO GOODBYE FOR NOW AND THANKS.

WHO KNOWS MAY SELL MY IMPREZA WRX STi TYPE RA AND SPEND MONEY ON MINT 400r,i200,DRAG RACE V8 A-SERIES - YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT WILL END UP FOR SALE.

GOOD LUCK TO THE NEW OWNER - SEEMS A GENUINE GUY HOPE HE FINISHES IT.

manta a series 350cu in v8 project.

manta gte coupe - daily driver.

Shaun, if you need info on Chevy V8's gives me a call, been playing with these engines since the 80's friend of mine Miles used to own one of the factory Vauxhall Chevy V8 Ventoras, and I have one in a Viva HB GT, which was also supercharged at one time....may still build a Chevy Manta one day....

quote:Originally posted by manta350 v8

WHO KNOWS MAY SELL MY IMPREZA WRX STi TYPE RA AND SPEND MONEY ON MINT 400r,i200,DRAG RACE V8 A-SERIES - YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT WILL END UP FOR SALE.

id="quote">id="quote">

I bet you'll start looking again soon. It's hard to get rid of the manta bug. I've tried and failed. [:I][:I][:D]

GTEPETE, have you still got a certain white exclusive ? [;)]

-=< You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house... >=-